the apartment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the apartment

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The 30's

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
alex
I'm going to do it! I'm going to write! Oh look a bug
alex

The 30's Empty
PostSubject: The 30's   The 30's I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 10:47 pm

"Huffv," Kelly shivered, throwing the plastic coffee cup away in the trash can by the cafe entrance. "I appreciate taking me but I think I learned my lesson about crowded places... Cities: never again." She walked close to him, trying to be loud enough so others wouldn't hear but he could from how noisy it was.
"Hey you're the one that wanted to see the Woman In Green," Unit 56 scoffed, pulling her close by the hip playfully. "Next trip I'll pick the location that doesn't have so many people. It feels pretty cool being overlooked so easily."
34 shook hands with the business man. "You made a wise choice, my friend. You aren't gonna regret it." Putting his coat and hat on he left the cafe and froze. A sensor was going off i his head that made his lip curl. "You..." He followed the anomaly close, his had pulled low over his head.
"Pfft, honestly, it's not like anyone can see through your skin anyways. You're always so jumpy." She pulled her phone to check the time, noticing with regret that they still had plenty of time. The sooner she saw what she only saw in textbooks the sooner they could get back to the hotel. "Just don't bring any attention to yourself and we'll be A-O-K."
His human did have a point; he needs to learn to relax sometimes. Machinery unlocking, his skin flinched to adjust. "Eh. I like to be in control of my environment, but alright, just this once." He playfully pushed her away to the side with a chuckle at her last statement, "What, like that? A domestic would be a good way to get the authorities' panties in a bunch!"
Targeting him through the crowd of people, he planned his attack. His leg components unbolt, entering speed form. Bearing down, he sprung up to the building wall and bounced down. Gravity added momentum. 34 held his hat down as he came crashing down onto his target. His foot hit face. Landing next to the bots female, he turned and eyed her. "Strange, who be you?" Bot Legs
"You're funny," she mused, a slight shadow darkening her right eye---she assumed a bird, then her the tone of the crowd change dramatically before a loud crash then crackle confirmed the view: a man in a striped suit and white hat pinning her robot into the cement. Cracked lashed out everywhere from the impact, and her heart sunk. It's been almost two years since she and Unit 56 had to deal with another robot... or so she assumed he was from his power. Already people were yelling in horror and clearing the area, but that was hard to pay mind to when this event capture all of her senses. "Wha-"
Her voice then lights out; his pain meter to indicate an attack---sadly delayed from unlocking his secondary parts, were high off the charts. A groan escaped and he opened an eye to see nothing put scattering feet, pant legs of all different colors panic. Except for one pair that stood frozen, he assumed it was Kel. His skin was a bit torn up on the hands and forearms and his sensors were spazzing desperately to readjust themselves. He can't recall an attack much like this one before. For now he listened hardly to their conversation while his numb body recovered---he quickly tried to lock up his parts again to regain his defense.
He heard the bot behind him stir. "On sec, I'll be right with you." 34 turned and stomped down with his heel. "Shoulda known I'd see your sorry ass here." To emphasis, he brought his leg back and kicked him square in the chest. He reached down as the mechanics in his leg returned to normal. Grabbing both 56's shirt collar and the waist of his pants, he heaved him out into the traffic. "Now, little girl, I got some questions for ya." He grabbed her arm and pulled her close.
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

The 30's Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 30's   The 30's I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 10:48 pm

The shock factor increased significantly when she realized Unit 56 wasn't getting UP. "Fif-" Her voice was caught; everything she wanted to yell wouldn't come out. The stranger's second attack finally provoked a vocal response, "Hey! Leave him alone!" She was about to step forward---with anything she could do to help, until the bot picked up 56's body by his clothes. She couldn't anticipate what was going to happen next. "FIFTY SIX!" She screamed, her bot literally being thrown into the street. This was what a real life nightmare felt like, she couldn't breathe or think or move, just felt overwhelmed with anger and fear. She started to head towards the street until she was suddenly stopped by the arm and pulled the complete opposite way. This wasn't fair. "Ah! Hey! L-Look, I don't know who you a-are but we're just here on v-vacation! That's my robot you-!!!" She couldn't think of an insult. Panic, almost turning into adrenaline. All she wanted to do was get to 56.
[Oh great, flying.] He hit the ground again, HARD, no cracks this time, and a loud horn alarmed a close hit. Right when his primary and secondary parts connected and his machinery locked up for battle mode, he blindly looked to the source of a van---a family inside---heading straight his way, not slowing down fast enough. With a huff he faced the vehicle and braced himself, bending over to grab the front of the car and lift it off the ground, and harshly place it down on the other side of him with it coming to a screeching halt. Several years ago he would have just stood still and let the thing exploded. The impact however made his shaky sensors even more unstable and his eyes were filled with shaking light green lights blinding his vision. He quickly switched to the most clearest vision he could while turning to face Kelly and his attacker. Using Using X26 Thermal Bot Detection he was about to find the perpetrator. --Alt Vision
"He isn't gon be to damaged from that. He was built better than that." He pulled her down the street. "Like I said. I got some question ya better answer." 34 sent a jolt to a car, unlocking the door and shoved her in. Jumping over the hood, he shocks the door open and climbs in. Hot wiring it, he turns child locks on, locking kelly inside. "We're just gonna head down to my new factory if ya don't mind." He ignored her comment and pulled out with a foot made of literal lead. "Git out of the road damnit." The front end of the car clipped 56 as he forcefully turned the wheel in attempts to miss him.
[...Built better than that...] A phrase she quickly remembered. The cliche you-have-a-few-questions-to-answer quickly went in one ear and out the other. By the time she was forced into the passenger seat, and heard the lock engage, she had already given up on her situation and focused on locating her robot who was on the left side in front of the car. [...My new factory...] Another phrase she felt would be handy for later. "Hey! FIFTY SIX! Watch out!" She cried as the bot pulled out, as if her bot could actually hear her. TINK! Everything was happening to fast for her to process. {Stupid damsel in stupid distress stupid tactic stupid stupid stupid! Never coming to New York again!]
A warm spot- the bot, then TINK! He was hit and stumbled a bit backwards, able to stop himself now that his body was ready. "Little fucker," Unit 56 growled, his right eye turning the signature red. The next car that hesitantly tried to avoid from behind the bot drove up and he grabbed the door- missing the handle, clamped down, and tore it off his hinges. "Girl's in trouble, gotta' take your car." He said bluntly, the man falling out with a yelp- luckily alone, and Unit 56 climbed in and let his foot slam the pedal to catch up. [Never coming to New York again!]
34 looked up into the rear view mirror. "Fuck his shit! He can't stay down." Tires screeched as he pulled off to a side street through an alley. With another sharp turn he veered again. Going through the fish market and a maze of streets until he pulls into an underground garage secured by an iron wrought fence. He unlocked her door and walked around to open it. Regardless of if she moved voluntarily or had to be pulled out of the car, he grabbed her by the arm and gently lead her forward. ".... This might be... Upsettin for you. So I apologize for the kidnappin. uh.. I'm Unit 34. Humans call me Tony. Antonie.."
Seeing Unit 56 not get knocked down made her sigh in relief. "Well, you did just say-" Cut off she hit the side of the door from his aggressive driving with an 'oof!' "Jesus! Let me get this shit on at least!" She growled, hating the man already and putting her seat-belt on and tightening it. Looking behind them she saw Unit 56 follow in a different car. [...Awe. HURRY UP DAMMIT.] - - - Her kidnapper was able to get enough distance between them with his sly driving and routes that right when he entered an underground garage she started to worry again. [...He'll figure it out... for now I'm gonna' get info for this dude...] Being manhandled again was starting to bug her, always had, and she tried to yank away but to no avail---huh, that usually worked. "Upset? You almost killed my robot! And even though I'm used to this kidnapping business, you're not forgiven!" She quickly scanned around her surroundings, trying her best to memorize details. The number that came from his artificial lips sent shivers down her spine. "Th-Thirty Four!? B-But it's been years! How have you-..." [He has a human name?] "A human name, wow... you don't seem like the type to accept any title other than your Origin Code. Tony. Okay." [...At first he reminds me of 48... maybe more manners to woman? Hmm...]
"God dammit, I hate this fucking city!" Unit 56 growled, gripping the steering wheel hard and zooming close to walls more than he was comfortable with. Sirens blasted from behind him. "What!? I get hit by a car two times from being thrown into the middle of the fucking street and you guys finally decide to chase ME down!? Fucking humans." His left eye was threatening to turn red, but he kept his composure. He knew Kel would be okay, he just needed to control the situation as soon as possible. Coming to a halt in front of a gate he knows well enough than to try break through, he had to ditch these cops first. || "Don't move! You're surrounded!" Came from one of the cop's cars. || "Like I haven't heard that before."
He released when they entered the building. "Just up the stairs dare." Someone walked over and he spoke near fluent french with the developed accent leaking in now and again. "[Someone may have followed me.] Tell the boys to keep an eye out. [He is a 50(+). Handle with caution.] If he isn't to mad, just let him in." He turned back to look at Kelly. "Oi! Get up them stairs." He looked to the ceiling as he rolled his eyes. Shaking his head, he followed her, and shut the door to his office behind him. "Now listen, communications have been down with the rest of my kind. Since he blew up my home, I haven't heard from them since. So tell me, you hanging with said bot, should have some info. Whats been up with the MWM?" He pushed a tin of cookies toward her as he took off his jacket and hat. Pushing up his sleeves, bare machinery was evident.
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

The 30's Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 30's   The 30's I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 11:09 pm

[...Your 'boys'... right...] "Oh, you're not still mad about that, are ya?" She scoffed, but playfully, not wanting to make him too mad. But fuck it if she wasn't going to have a bit of fun getting information from him. Automatically complying and taking a seat, the sound of tin sliding against the table made her twitch. "Hanging! I couldn't shake him off even if I wanted to." Okay. Now for seriousness. "Well, a lot, obviously... what do you wanna hear first? The fall or the recovery?" Finally glancing at the container in front of her, an eyebrow furrowed and raised. "...Uh, cookies?"
"Alright, guys, let's make this a bit easier on us. I don't want to hurt you." He glanced towards the car he stole, calculating with great speed which parts to throw. || "Down! Now! Hands in the air! What ever the hell you are!" || "Whatever I am?" He quickly grabbed the hood, throwing it much like a Ninja Star and taking out one of the car's engine, blinding them with smoke. "I'm offended!" Of course by then there were rounds, and so he worked quickly, getting nicked a few times while grabbing the necessary pieces and scratching up the rest; kicking the body of the car their way with a great force that it dismantles and distracts them for a bit when he grabs onto the gate, hard, fingers hardly digging into the metal. "That'll work for now," he grunted, scaling up.
The factories bots ran towards the explosion. [Hide him.] One jumped onto a freight loader and drove a large shipping crate toward the strange bot. "You there!" 32 ran up hands up. "We will use force if you don't cooperate." The crate neared. "Hide in there," He pointed. "And we will take you to the girl.
"Humans like that don't they? Humans like names too... 'S why I go by Tony." He sat opposite to her, hands folded with the leather squeaking slightly. "So we fell... I'd like to know the son-ova bitch who put me out of a job. What of the South? North's been quiet, is the South dead as well?"

He turned his head, switching to X26 vision again to detect that they were in fact bots as well. [...It can't be...] With a huff he had no choice than to comply, the humans had already gotten a glance of him. When he gets a hold of this bot inside, he's going to knock the processor right out of his head. Too many violations made... it was going to be messy clearing this all up. Jumping inside the crate and quickly got to work in organizing his fight tactic data to think of some moves from the last glimpse he had of the other bot. It would be convenient if his visions would stop glitching too. [...I can't believe these guys made it...]
She leered at the sweet treats, picking one up to distinguish the flavor as oatmeal raisin. "This one right here: Oatmeal Raisin, that's against our morals completely. I'm offended." With a disgusted grunt she dropped it then picked up a chocolate chip one. "Now... this one right here, Chocolate Chip, this is a piece of legendary supplement right here. These things are worshiped by my people, so, you're forgiven." She was about to take a bite before she quickly stopped herself. "These aren't poisoned, are they?"
"No, they aren't. And I've seen kids eat the oatmeal ones afore. You're not gonna get any more if you don't start talkin! Your boy is gonna be here soon and if his lid is cool my bots aren't gonna ruff him up." He leaned back a bit, stretching his machinery. "If he still lookin for a fight tho, I can be persuaded to kick his ass again."
"Open him up." The led bot said and the crate lid was pulled off. "You're in one of our warehouses. Boss doesn't want to see you just yet." He offered 56 his hand to help him out. The other bots had their bodies ready for any signs of aggression. "I feel like I know you.... My memory... is corrupt."

"Hmm... well, those aren't the offspring of my people then." Taking a bite she swallowed. "He's doing much better now with anger management. He shouldn't be that much of a problem, annoyed if anything else since you practically ruined our vacation and broke the golden no-no violation of the New System." She mocked him by leaning back as well and propping her feet up. "Eh... you technically cheated by catching him by surprise. If he really wants to fight you, I'm afraid you've already lost." Another bite. [Better not keeping him waiting... but this is pretty fun.] "The North has been abandoned because there's really no need for Arial Surveillance." [...I'll tell him what I think 56 won't mind me spilling... I'm kinda in a hostage situation right now anyways... and, he is a BOT, if he was a human I'd be sealed shut.] "The bot you just beat up if ya'lls new leader of all survivors. Well, known survivors, that is. After the fall the remaining were rebooted---the errors upgraded. Everyone got a second chance because of Unit 56. He, helped by Unit 49, who's head of the South Base, gave your 'boys' purpose again. Not sure I should tell you what for though..." She stroked her chin, thinking she gave up enough information. "He's going to be shocked seeing a 30, that's for sure."
"'Boss' huh? Interesting. I'm guessing your boss is that asshole that kidnapped my human?" Unit 56 asks because he knows well enough not to assume the strongest player to be the alpha. He's come across many surprises during the recovery. He looked at the end offered to him, and smiled. The Decennials had survived after all. "Well don't worry too much about it, you guys did go through hell. Before you would have seen me as the enemy, but I'm happy to assure you that now I'm anything but." He pat his shoulder reassuringly. "It'd be best if I got to him right away, there's a lot I need to clear up as soon as possible."
Gritting his teeth, he held his head. "I know about humans!" He reaches over and flips her feet off the desk. Kneeling down, he plugs into the computer at his desk. "I- i- i - I'm sure he won't be to surprised. I rebuilt the rest of my kind."
A knock sounded at the door. A woman walked in with short brown hair tucked behind her ears. She had a similar suit on. "34, he has arrived. Should we send him in?"
"Give me a m-moment." He rubbed his forehead.
She looked worried and bent over the keyboard typing in  few commands. Looking up, she saw the human reach for another cookie. "... Who- You are with him." She stood up. "He brought this glitch upon them."
32 looked him over. Holding the side of his head, he looked concerned. "You did this." He pulled away from 56. "Come." He turned on his heel and walked off to another building. "The boss-ss-ss Will see you now."
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

The 30's Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 30's   The 30's I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 11:22 pm

With weight grabbing at her heels she's suddenly suspended backwards, tipping over with a 'waaah!' It wasn't too bad, she decided, and rubbed the back of her head with a groan. "Rebuilt? Is that what Thirties do?" By the time she stands, a knock comes from the door. "Unit 56 never told me about the Thirties, yet again I never asked." And then a woman enters. Kelly doesn't recognize her, which isn't surprising. She looks back at Tony to see just the top of his head. She decides not to ask once the three magic words 'he has arrived' make her chest flutter. She reaches and grabs another cookie out of smite from being tipped backwards. How unprofessional. She's about to put it in her mouth until the woman addresses her. "'Him'? You mean him?" She nods to Unit 34, before realizing she sounds like she's talking about some prophecy. Ah, Unit 56, of course. "Oh. Uhm, hi, I'm Kelly. Human companion of said 'Him'. And about that-" Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Woman. How does she know? She's not suppose to know since she's working with Tony. Only rob- "You... you're..." She freezes. How could this be? She approached her carefully, examining her. "...This is unbelievable... I'm standing in front of the first female robot..." Since a long time, she's surprised.
[...Finally...] With a nod he follows reluctantly. [...It's too bad they can't see what they're missing out... hopefully I can get this all figured out and set these guys free.]
34 put a hand on his desk and heaved himself up. "Yes. I was working on her when your "Companion" Destroyed my base. I was only to lucky her program and blue prints survived on my remote surver. My brothers we're not so lucky. Our.... processors are faulty."
He still looked pained, holding his head. 38, again, looked worried and pushed him into a chair. "Yes, I am Unit 38. The only of my Unit who is fully intact."
"He is up the stairs. If you start something..." He pointed up at the door just barely left ajar. "We will be around." He stepped back to leave the path open and watched 56 from that position.

Kelly frowned sympathetically, then crossed her arms. "You know, he had to because... well, you were designed to kill. Everything murders something, of course, but... you were killing machines without the chance of compassion or choice. He was the error because the directive didn't click. If it did, I wouldn't be here, and neither would she." She pointed to Unit 38. "No matter how much you think otherwise, my gender was forbidden and you would have been dismantled for treason." She fixed up her clothes, remembering that her bot was coming soon. No need to look rustled up to add a pinch more to his anger. "What I don't understand was how you didn't get caught. By the sound of it, you sacrificed your parts to make her stable. A geniune human emotion. You're just like Unit 56." Maybe she could help her bot clear this up before a fight broke out. [...He's giving all of you a second chance, and Unit 38's going to be okay and you all will be rebuilt and allowed to live how you want...] Now to say it. "But now-"
"I'll keep that in mind," he said flatly, fists already balling from how beat up he looked. He entered the doors to see and confirm: [...Kelly, check. Safe. No scratches, not afraid... if only a little. Good. 'Boss robot': another 30. And... {unidentified origin code}... what the hell? I'll ask later...] "The other bots helping me get inside doesn't quite make up for the serious road burns," his eye is still red, but he tried not to raise his voice too much. "And the fact that you broke my number one rule: Don't reveal yourself to the public. But, since you're new, I'll let it slide this once. It's going to be a pain in the ass to clean up though. It's not like I've never had to deal with Rouges and Rebels before."
"Show's what you know! I was built to create, to expand our arsonal. Studying your kind showed me Woman has the more dangerous gender. You are underestimated, controlled because of what you can do. Empires have fallen because of your body. She would have been the perfect weapon, one no one would have seen coming!" He looked up at her. "She is perfect..."
38 looked from Tony to Kelly. "It has been hard trying to find the parts to repair 34 and the others. Processors have not been working as well since the destruction. You cannot blame the Units for acting on their old programming, we have been laying low since..."

34 jumped up at 56's voice. His legs adjusted quickly with frenzied whirls. "Tony." 38 said warningly. This bot looked bigger then her Unit. He was also badly damaged, making his appearance all the more intimidating. 34 would not have an easy task if he were to turn violent. If his eye were any indication, she would have to act.
"Get behind me." He pushing in front of 38 "I am still in charge of my Unit, they look to me for guidance. With the apparent Fall, I am under No ones command. Not the MWM, and I sure as hell have not accepted you as my leader yet." He heard gears churn behind him. "STAND DOWN!"

[...He sounds a bit power hungry...] "Unit 56 is taking care of the rest of the bots who needed a new start," Kelly swallowed, feeling that she was the one to say it for him. "He has plenty of parts for your Denary (10)." Talking to Unit 38 made her feel a bit uncomfortable because she wasn't sure what to expect from the first female bot. When she looked back at Unit 56 he was preparing to battle... she could tell but he flared his nostrils when he looked at her so she walked over to his side feeling he had something to discuss beforehand.
"Don't... this doesn't have to be like the other Drifters. I'm sure he'll comply." She murmured, trying to get his left eye to go back to normal.
"The third batch are the stubborn ones, there's no other way. He's got to learn his place." He looked back to Unit 34 and 38.
"Ridiculous..." She growled, crossing her arms at his stance. He was pretty beaten up, so she understands his unsettled anger.

His visions were back to normal and his body was ready for the possible blows to come, unless they were to back down. The sudden urgent command automatically forced him to shove his human back a bit protectively and acquire the assessment. {unspecified origin code. no data available.} [...Dammit... can't get a lock on her...]
38 looked at Kelly trying to pacify her robot. Blinking, she spoke french to 34. "Tony. [He may be able to help. You can be repaired, as well as your brothers!]
He turned his head. "[I will not be ordered by a Brute. He has already destroyed everything I had.]" Though they could not understand them, he sounded just as angry as the 50.
"[He didn't destroy me. You experiment, yes? This is a new test. We will try something new, together.] Yes?" She placed her hand on his chest.
He gave a visual sigh and closed his eyes. His body returned to it's relaxed state. "Yes." He said more to answer her. Opening his eyes, he turned to look at the intruders of his world. " ... I can repair you."
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

The 30's Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 30's   The 30's I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 11:28 pm

Kelly paid more attention to the female bot. This was such a strange thing, and she didn't know why because she was a girl herself. But the idea of an old MWM being a robot unsettled her. What other secrets did she and Unit 56 not know about? The fact that Unit 56 couldn't see Unit 38 for what she was meant all of the worrying about her information was all on her. With a second glance it seemed Unit 38 was pacifying Tony... a girl calming down a guy. Maybe she could get to like this new machine, now it was her turn.
"There, he's standing down. That enough?" She gave him a skeptical look and stood a bit in front waving a hand in front of his face to try to break his concentration to process the situation.

With a shake of his head his right eye went back to the hazel green like the other. "That's fine," he looked at his arms and hands, "but I don't think him repairing me isn't a Red Flag."

She stood directly in front of him, glaring with a mumble, "Unit Fifty Six, he is offering to repair the damage as an apology and you are going to take it so we can get out of here and go HOME. Do you understand me?"

[...Lame.] He crossed his arms, "Fine."

38 smiled seeing Kelly do the same. "I will supervise him. Your human may watch for your security. 34 is many things, but when his hands itch to create, he will not destroy."
34 gave an odd smile. "If you will just follow me downstairs." He walked around 56, giving him a wide breadth with 38 following close. She motioned for Kelly to follow.
"How did you meet your human? She said something of a new life, but this is all we have ever known."
Several of his units were waiting for them in the repair garage. The one who addressed 56 walked forward curious. "Everything is alright... We are to repair him." Casting a quick glance 56's way, "He appears to be an ally."
The others seem to relax at this, looking to each other and nodding. Quickly they dispersed like Santa's elves. They cleared off the table and made ready the tools. Nodding to the group they then went off to go about their jobs."Up." Tony gestured to the table as he started to take off his white shirt.
Back to top Go down
kelly
mother of managarmrs
kelly

The 30's Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 30's   The 30's I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 4:34 am

Following closely behind, he offered the unidentified robot a smile, holding out a hand for his human to latch onto. "Almost four years ago we met on much different circumstances," he supposed it was his turn to do the talking. "When I escaped the Southern base, I didn't cause nearly enough damage to ward the Twenties and whoever would be after me off for too long so I hijacked a smaller submarine and hightailed it to the Sunshine State to seek shelter for a bit so I could recover and organize my damaged settings and glitched directive.

By the time I reached shore I had realized a younger looking man in a suspicious black military uniform wouldn't get too far without bringing attention to myself. So, I stole some more appropriate attire and in a few days I reached one of the largest local forests and that's where we met. I almost killed her from being unstable, but something was able to stop me."

She squeezed his hand.

"After I took down the Motherboard the survivors that didn't take too much damaged were rebooted with a blank slate to the primary directive. They knew their members, abilities, tasks at hand, but had no purpose. So, I gave them a purpose. At least the ones willing to listen... some of them had dispersed into Rebels and Rouges."

Unit 56 paid no mind to the other Thirties other than simply nod, and after shrugging off his hesitance he let go of his human's hand and got up on top of the operation table.
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

The 30's Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 30's   The 30's I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 6:09 am

"You didn't have the directive?" 38 looked at wonderingly. She helped him remove his shirt and folded it absentmindedly. "How...?"

"Not all Unit is built the same. He was obviously malfunctioned during production." He caught 56's eye and quickly added. "Not that it wasn't for the better..."

He went about gauging the bits of metal and wiring that was left for him. He picked up a soldering tool and twirled it so the loose cord wrapped around his wrist. Immediately going about with doctor like precision. "Who do you have working repairs in the south? They aren't bad, but they aren't good either. I have the materials on hand to repair your body, but any circuit board repair will be difficult." 34 hunched over the bot on a small stool. He seemed almost at piece to be working again.

"Would you be able to find a new directive for us?" 38 hesitantly inquired. Her sudden speech caused 34 to falter and 'prick' 56.

"38!" He froze and quickly went back to work. She looked insulted and stormed back up the stairs.

Tony finished as quickly as he could, repairing the motor-parts, covering, and support structure and ran after her. [I didn't mean that.] He shut the door, but they could still be heard at their volume. [Please. Look at me. We don't need a directive. We don't need anyone. We protect our Unit and push on.] You could see through the shuttered window he approaches her, and tries to get her to turn around.

[Our Unit is damaged! How long till one breaks so bad you cannot fix him! What if you fall. We... I would be lost.] She slowly moves into his arms after pushing his hand away. [I am lost. I don't feel like you or the others do. I am malfunctioned. I have no primary directive like you, or 32, 33, 39!] Suddenly, she pulls back and gestures wildly toward the window.

Back to top Go down
alex
alex

The 30's Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 30's   The 30's I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 2:05 pm

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
kelly
mother of managarmrs
kelly

The 30's Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 30's   The 30's I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 8:50 pm

After handing the implement his shirt, he ruffled his hair for realism before glancing at the thirty unit and laying back down and handing over his arm. "As 'Boss' said, not all of us were born the same. Each Decennial was built for a different task. There was the Mastercomputer," a flinch from the doctor's work, "the Ten's to lead, the Twenties to organize, the Thirties to build and create, the Forties to test out the equipment, the Fifties to lift and transport and so on." Another twitch. "Any errors were quickly deposed of and rebooted for the Unit name to be recycled, unfortunately... they didn't count on a bug in the Travail to give one of their bots a conscience. Since I was chosen the leader of the unit, I was easily overlooked. The data of Earth wasn't enough, I needed to get out there and experience it."

Another twitch and the next question was presented, "Unit Forty Eight runs the South for me, it's completely underwater and he likes the idea of submarines. He was once my enemy but he obtained a conscience overtime as well and now he's my second in command." Unit 56 explained proudly, nodding to the other unit's words. 

Then all three of their attention was placed on the implement, who had asked about a possible new directive. "You're not the first to ask and I'm sure you're not going to be the last," Unit 56 offered a sincere smile, "If a directive is what you yearn for like many others, you're assigned on data collecting missions with the freedom to pick a human of your choice to get a connection with; aside from the ones you're observing. Some bots aren't interested in the human emotion 'Love', so they stick to their work which is perfectly fine-" The Unit fixing him's outburst caused him to silence himself. Possible drama coming?

Once the two went to the other room to talk, Unit 56 glanced at Kelly and his human could only offer a shrug. Curious, Unit 56 turns his translator on. He usually leaves it on but for once it seems necessary.
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

The 30's Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 30's   The 30's I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 9:11 pm

[You know the download was incomplete.] He pulls her into a hug again and she settles in his arms. Eden, [You lack directive because I intended for you to be free of our burden. Do what you want, go where you wanted to.]

Her face buried into his neck. [I want to be with you.]

[You will... I will make sure of it.] She looked up confused but he only smiled. Eden knew better then to argue with that smile, it meant he had a plan. She took his hand and led the way back down the stairs.

Tony stopped and looked at them, having a feeling 56 over heard. "You have no doubt noticed most of my brothers are in bad shape... If I er, we work for you, will I get the necessary materials to fix us?" He nodded, feeling Eden squeeze his hand. "I suppose, 56, if you are to trust us, you want to know how we survived your... rampage of the North?"

"Why don't we sit?" She gave a look of tenderness and pulled Kelly by the elbow to where a gruff looking seating area was. 34 grimaced but followed. There was an old couch and two armchairs facing the sofa. Between them against the wall was a small fridge.

"Eden was finalized earlier that day... but the original 38 was... displeased." He looked to the female beside him then the floor.

"We escaped with minor injuries to 34... That was when the facility collapsed. We found the others and made our way here after no word, no help came."

"Everyone was so badly damaged... I couldn't leave them like that. I transported them here to find anything to work the repairs. To move about the humans I took the name Tony.""Just before, I had downloaded a mass of files. Some were blueprints like yours, others were... different. Maybe if we come to an agreement you can see them."
Back to top Go down
kelly
mother of managarmrs
kelly

The 30's Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 30's   The 30's I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 2:45 am

With the cue now that the opposing bot was Unit 34, the new leader of the 30's. "Originals who are still attached to their first directive... they're always a problem." Unit 56 humored, leaning back in his chair. "I have all the reboots, upgrades, skins, add-ons, everything--and I have no problem with you guys joining me, in fact I encourage it more than anything." He nodded to Kelly since she hadn't spoken in a while and explaining the rules might sound more appealing with her tone.

"Buttt, there's a few rules to abide by," she says, almost on cue. "One: no treason. You're gonna have to contact Unit Fifty Six or Unit Forty Nine if you have any concerns or questions. Two: don't reveal your robotic lifestyle to the public, aside from the individual you choose to have a connection with. And finally, three, all singular missions need to be recorded and changes to your body need to be permitted... I believe...?" She looked over to Unit 56 to receive a nod.

"I'd love to hear about you guys survive from the impact, but most importantly, I'd like a scan of your creation's database so its not a unspecified file." His eyes almost widened from the sound of his own blueprints... he knew how he was created, but with the specifics and other things that might not have been added all on paper... it sparked a perk of extreme interest in him. "My blueprints would be interesting to see as well."

Kel even stole a leer from all three bots to Unit 56... his original blueprints...?
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

The 30's Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 30's   The 30's I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 3:05 am

"Right, my human friends will take care of the... incident earlier. As for your human, no other knows of us. I assume they must think we are average people." Tony looked unnerved at 56's request. "Scan... Eden? I'm not sure I'm comfortable-" She placed her hand on his.

"Just show him the base file. That is all you are asking for, isn't it?"

"Right." 34 still looked uneasy and he stood. "The office would be the best place to do so. My computer will function for the data transport. I can also send you the other files you wanted." Once up the stairs, he proceeded to ask 56, "My brothers will be allowed to stay here as well? We can continue our directive and be of use?" He offered a small cord to 56 as he himself knelt down to plug himself in.

Eden watched 34 walk off, looking much like a puppy left alone. She waited a moment before looking at Kelly. "I am sorry for the trouble Tony has caused you, he is protective. He has sort of taken the... Human father role to us all. Is it the same with you and your 56?"
Back to top Go down
kelly
mother of managarmrs
kelly

The 30's Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 30's   The 30's I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 3:19 am

He nodded, before following Unit 34 up the stairs. "Of course. If an independent life is what you want for you and your bots, that's perfectly fine with me. We could use more eyes stationed smack-dab in the 'Big Apple'." He grabbed the cord and connected between his shoulder blades, ready for the files to fill in more missing data. "Does third in command sound good to you?" He offered, hoping the proposition could be of some sort of a long lasting peace offer.

Kelly perked her attention to the she-bot with a smile. "Oh, it's alright. Aside from roughing up Fifty Six, he was a gentleman about it... unlike my last kidnappers." She scoffed, rolling her eyes. "A father role, huh? I would have guessed differently."

She question made her blush, "Oh, no no... him and I are... uh, well, Lovers. It would be weird for him to be considered my brother or father figure." She explained with a nervous laugh, rubbing the back of her head.
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

The 30's Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 30's   The 30's I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 3:35 am

34 looked up perplexed. "T-third in command? Of- Of course. I would be happy to help. I can see to it in no time there is a base here or near that will meet it's dreamed requirements." He stood up and smiled, the cord falling from him. "The gears are churning again. Oh yes, the others will be happy."

If Eden could blush as she went through her archive of the word. "Oh, OH. Well, that explains all the more why he is so protective. You must have a... very special connection. I could see it when he entered the office earlier. A normal unit would identify the possible threats but his only concern was you. It's... Sweet."
Back to top Go down
kelly
mother of managarmrs
kelly

The 30's Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 30's   The 30's I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 3:36 am

Unit 56 smiled wide. "I'm glad we could come to an agreement, there's nothing I enjoy more than giving purpose back to the bots who have gone astray, much like humans need purpose in their limited lives. Every year I find we're more alike to them than not and I don't know about you, but it's a remarkable feeling to experience." He looks back to the screen and his smile drops, realizing he was going off on a small tangent. "Er... give me an idea of the kind of official base you'd like to construct, I'd love to hear it." He almost forgets about the missing database and his own blue prints.

"Yeah," Kel blushes a bit, "sentiment is a crazy thing. It wasn't always like this though. We were just kinda... partners which giving each other information. Then friends for the longest time before what we have now happened... I can't really remember how though." She shifted in her seat and leaned on her knees, hands clasped together. "How about you? I mean, how's it like working with Tony? And learning about how the Earth works?"
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

The 30's Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 30's   The 30's I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 4:01 am

Tony quickly bent over to pick up the cord he dropped. Once it was plugged in to the back of his neck, his eyes closed. Through the many files he stole, he searched for the one containing all his known blueprints. "Sending Unit Design Mark 50."

It was a bit harder to find Eden's data. It was originally saved on his computer which was separate from the main system. Himself being damaged, he almost had trouble recalling what her blueprints were. "Sending.... Unit Project, Eden. Design Mark 30.10." He pulled his cord out and rubbed his eyes. "As for base, I'm not sure. We have a factory that can build almost anything as well as plenty of space in the warehouses..."

"Well... He basically made me. So that qualifies as a father right? He is very protective of us. We aren't allowed to leave the Marina, though I doubt the others would get far. He tells me every day the little things your kind does. The small.. quirks? they have. He feels like a friend, maybe more." She held one hand in another. "Maybe I am just built differently. As it feels more then the urge to protect my creator or companion. I don't know."
Back to top Go down
kelly
mother of managarmrs
kelly

The 30's Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 30's   The 30's I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 4:19 pm

Unit 56's eyes had a darkening black flood them as small green numeric code bounced left and right. He was successfully accepting and analyzing the data transfer of Unit 50 original body base prints and Unit 30's, also known as 'Eden' he cataloged. Reviewing them at once at lightning speed, he recognized many of the information on himself. The data that was storing itself as new though was actually old in present time, since he's outdated himself. But this was fantastic information... he was obtaining in a sense the original Do's and Don'ts to the modeling of his body. This would certainly help with upgrades he was originally afraid of doing. Unit 30's basic core filed itself into the 30's library as a special file since her body was much like theirs, but at the same time very different since Tony was her creator and not the Master Bot.

"I understand, I believe that's a father figure, too." Kel smiled, getting up to stretch. "Who knows... maybe one day Tony will let you leave this place for a bit and you can join us on one of our marine expeditions with Neal. It's really like a whole new world."
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

The 30's Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 30's   The 30's I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 4:59 pm

"That is as much as I have decrypted. There is more in the database I managed to get but I really haven't had the time to crack into the files." Tony rubbed the back of his neck. "The rest of my Units are not any condition for the construction required for this place. When will spare parts be available?"

"I don't think i could go anywhere without Tony." She smiled. "Who is Neal? Is he human or another unit? Could he be another one of your...." She giggled slightly at the idea. She had been told once or twice about how humans had multiple partners. "You humans are strange how you interact with each other.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The 30's Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 30's   The 30's I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The 30's
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
the apartment :: roleplay-
Jump to: