the apartment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the apartment

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Unit 48 finds the 30's first

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kelly
mother of managarmrs
kelly

Unit 48 finds the 30's first Empty
PostSubject: Unit 48 finds the 30's first   Unit 48 finds the 30's first I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 3:36 pm

"Captain, we have reached the closest we can get to the shore. Prepare to surface?" A smaller bot approached Unit 48, standing at attention behind him.

"What's the status on our target?" He asks, not looking behind him but rather forward at a screen indicating the whereabouts of Unit 56 and that annoying human of his.

"They are leaving the city, sir."

"OBVIOUSLY! I CAN SEE IT RIGHT HERE." He punches the screen out of anger. Hmm... bad move... no matter. He can have someone repair before it becomes an inconvenience. "You should have the intelligence by now to understand what my questions mean, Private 106." 

"Yes, sir. Sorry sir. The bot is heading west. Our resources indicate that because they cannot travel through an airplane, they are using a rental."

"Mmm. Surface, then. We'll catch them before they can escape our coastline limits."

The bot salutes even though the act goes unseen and turns to command the other bots to prepare to breach the surface with their medium-sized submarine. Unit 48 picks the glass out of his hand casually before returning to his station to clip on his gun. 

Twenty minutes later him and six other robots are scanning a nearby parking lot to hijack a business van. "Oh the humans enjoying their time on a disgusting polluted beach. Wasting their lives away." Unit 48 mocks while his men go to work emptying out the van and preparing it for their load. 

"Hey, you lot, what're doing? This is a no-dump zone!" A security officer comes marching at them from around a corner Unit 48 presumes. His stops dead in his tracks, their uniforms confusing him no doubt. Of course he doesn't know the van is being stolen, only that his men and him are littering. Imbeciles. All of them.

Unit 48 pulls out his heavy pistol and before the man can bring the radio to his mouth a pretty bloody hole appears on his forehead. All of their weapons are silenced for this mission, so no one will know what happened until they're long gone.

"I hate wasting my bullets on extras," he sighs.

- - - - -

Not ten minutes later their caught in some traffic entering the city. Unit 48 knows he can't do anything about it so he leaves his anger for when his commands can be exploited. 

(They're seeing through the van's interior with their xray vision)

"...Sir..." One of his bots in the back are facing a cluster of abandoned buildings. He doesn't say anything and instead waits for this bot to continue. "I can see other bots. They are not yours."

"What? Impossible." Unit 48 quickly faces where his other bots are now facing, even the driver, to see unrecognizable bots loading up a truck. A long pause and he narrows his eyes with a slight smile. "Interesting. Driver, pull off when you can. We have a new destination."

"What of Unit 56?" The passenger next to the driver asks.

"We'll be with him shortly," he responds.
Back to top Go down
alex
I'm going to do it! I'm going to write! Oh look a bug
alex

PostSubject: Re: Unit 48 finds the 30's first   Unit 48 finds the 30's first I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 3:58 pm

Eden stands by the rear of the delivery truck. With a PDA in hand, she checks off all the parts being loaded in while 34 communes with the sales trafficker.

"How much do we owe you for the shipment?" He stood, back stiff and body at the ready. Cops were well known for making busts on the man's deliveries, though there shouldn't be a problem with spare electronic or mechanical parts that could fit a multitude of equipment the bots had on sight.

"Don't worry about it Tony! Our deal is squared from that.... Job you did for me last time." At this Eden looked up. "Tony" as 34 went to the humans, never talked much about what the various gangs required him to do to square away debts.

"Then should leave. Wherever you seem to go, the cops aren't far behind, Ricky." 34 said with a grin and a tilt of his head. He was getting better at mimicking the sarcasm and demeanour of the criminals he dealt with.

"Right you are pal. Not saying some of these parts are Hot. Look warm might be safer." The human sniggered at his own joke before turning his back on the bots. Waving behind him he uttered something along the lines of catching them later.

34 did not care, his attention was drawn to the last box being packed away. "Are we at the required amount yet? I'm growing tired of waiting."

"Our scans prove all the required parts are here. We should have everyone up and running by the end of the month with this." 38 tucked the device in her pocket as she waited for further orders.

Looking around, Tony held his gaze on a similar moving van. A strange vibe came from it. If his sensors works at such a range, or anyones for that matter he might have put more worry into it. "Everyone in the back of the truck. Eden, upfront with me. It's back to the Factory."

Pulling out once the doors were shut and locked, he pulled off into a side rode and proceeded to use the clearer back roads for a quicker route home.
Back to top Go down
kelly
mother of managarmrs
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Unit 48 finds the 30's first   Unit 48 finds the 30's first I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 4:20 pm

"Follow them. Remember the guidelines, three cars away and four when turning. Observe their vehicle and beat them to blinkers." Unit 48 sat back and went into his database in his 'mind', skimming through bot types. "Well, this IS rather interesting."

"Identified them?" A bot behind him asks. 

"Year 20-11, the great explosion of the North Base," Unit 48 says, venom in his tone.

"When 56 destroyed it and escaped..."

"The bots that were ever unfortunate enough to avoid the impact," he replies with false sympathy. "Class 30."

"...Impossible... the Archives says none of them were recovered after the attack. There is no way they could have survived on their own without a Superior leading them." Another bot exclaims.

"Like the human Mayans... a civilization that just disappears. And it appears we have found them. Though... I'm not quite sure what's in their passenger seat. It seems to be an unidentified object on my sensors."

The rest of his team agrees.

"Right then! Without a superior they're sure to be at a loss with their directives and are probably following old habits. With a little chat I'm sure we'll be obtaining more help to take down Unit 56's annoying movement."
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

PostSubject: Re: Unit 48 finds the 30's first   Unit 48 finds the 30's first I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 4:30 pm

34 looked in the rear view mirror at a stop. "There's a van following us." Eden looked back worriedly. "Don't bother trying to scan, you don't have the known database." She sat back looking and feeling useless.

With a small sigh, he reached over and grasped her hand. "It's not your fault, I promised to update your knowledge as soon as we have the technology to do so."

She smiled and held his hand tightly in hers. "It is not your fault either. You were programmed with a mind they were not ready for."

"Their loss." He nodded, looking back once more. It was only a few more turns before he found them in front of the large security gates. A quick swipe of his credentials and the doors opened. As soon as the rear tires went over the pressure sensor the gates closed behind him. A small honk alerted the rest of the Unit in the building as he pulled up.

Eden and 34 climbed out of the cab to help unload. "Not you, Eden. Head to my office. If that van is indeed following I want someone on the cameras watching. Get the papers ready incase." Turning to the rest of the bots, "Get this unloaded quick like. Whatever is marked with red tape goes in the understorage. We don't have those on record." He turned to look back at the direction of the gates before he help pick up a large box.
Back to top Go down
kelly
mother of managarmrs
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Unit 48 finds the 30's first   Unit 48 finds the 30's first I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 4:57 pm

Unit 48 commands his men to park off to the side to do some serious scans of the facility. The can't get much, but they get enough for the primary basic breach. After reinforcing the plan, they put the van in drive and go into action, approaching the gate.

At the gate he's surprised on how human-like the gate operator appears to be. Hopefully they're not all like that. When the operator raises an eyebrow and doesn't engage, Unit 48 artificially clears his throat. "Yes, hello. My name's Lance and I'm part of the Safety Department that manages this property. Another team came and saw your Super but there seems to have been an error we don't have documented with us. May we see him in person?"

- - -

They pull in with ease towards the Warehouse's entrance and Unit 48 is almost worried that because it was too easy, there could be a trap of some sort. He brushes it off and keeps his composure. He needs to be alone with this bot in charge if his plan's to work.
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

PostSubject: Re: Unit 48 finds the 30's first   Unit 48 finds the 30's first I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 5:05 pm

The bot, ordered to remain by the gate entrance looked up as the van pulled up. Before they came within range, he signaled the camera.

Eden called down to 34 still in the lower shop area. "They just pulled up." He ran up the stairs, two at a time, to view the monitors in the back room.

Turning on his coms, he called to the bot questioned. "Nod, and point him to the Warehouse." Looking up at Eden, "Who ever leaves the Vann, I will meet him in my office. Stay in here." He grasped her shoulder to emphasis his worry for her. She gave a small nod and left through the hidden door into his room.

She watched anxiously at the monitors. She could see multiple angles of the van pulling in, the stairwell up to the offices, and Tony's office at a whole.

----

Standing in the doorway, he waited to wave the intruder up.
Back to top Go down
kelly
mother of managarmrs
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Unit 48 finds the 30's first   Unit 48 finds the 30's first I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 7:27 pm

"You lot stay behind and remain alert, obviously." Unit 48 took off his utility belt and allowed a hidden side compartment to release from his outer left thigh, where he tucked his gun into. "Unit 311, come with me with the physical copy of the Archives." 

The bot who was in the passenger nodded and came out, tailing behind Unit 48 who came out afterwards. "Don't speak, just hand him the files on my signal."

- - -

Approaching the mouth of the Warehouse, Unit 48 could see the man up close now. This was their leader? Interesting.

"Hello, I'm afraid I wasn't able to obtain your name. I'm Lance," Unit 48 extended his hand with a sly manipulative smile.

Unit 311 tipped his hat with a fake smile, documents under his arm.
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

PostSubject: Re: Unit 48 finds the 30's first   Unit 48 finds the 30's first I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 7:51 pm

"I'm really sorry for the confusion. Could of sworn we did this all last month, but who knows with computers, right?" Tony smiled down from where he leaned on the banister. "The names Anthony, but friends call me Tony. Bring those papers up into my office where we can talk."

Waving for Lance to come on up, he nodded to the camera just out of sight.

Eden sat poised in his little room. Every bolt was ready to call the others in incase something happened. One was already in the large crane used to move shipping containers, the others were stationed like workmen behind reasonable cover.

"What is it you need exactly? My files aren't in the best of order." It was a lie, Eden had very good organization skills, even if 34 didn't have everything in it's respective place already.
Back to top Go down
kelly
mother of managarmrs
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Unit 48 finds the 30's first   Unit 48 finds the 30's first I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 10:15 pm

"Really, it's no trouble." Lance smiled back, following him up to his office. One of his men from the van sent him a message: They are onto you.

Upon arriving he noticed the unknown object was no longer within sight. It was taking every ounce of patience in him to not get angry. He hated not knowing.

"Oh, to be honest I won't need any of your files, really. At least... not right now. I actually just need to talk to you." Instead of using signals, he looked at Unit 311 who stepped up and he retrieved the files from him. "And after our little talk I'd like to show you these if it's no too much trouble."
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

PostSubject: Re: Unit 48 finds the 30's first   Unit 48 finds the 30's first I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 10:33 pm

The bots were not with in range. Damn he needed that repair. Why did they have to come when he just got his hands on the necessary parts?

No vitals. Bots is was.

Scannin-n-n-n-g. He held his head in a small twinge of pain. The units 40 and an expandable model, work drone more than likely. He waved nonchalantly. "Damn headache." He was waving at the hidden camera behind the men. Eden would surely get worried if he showed any sign of being in trouble.

"Talk about what? 40. If I recall, our unit's were not on the best of terms. Let alone the van full of Drones you brought with!" His eye was now fully glitched, making it hard to focus on them. "It was a Southerner who attacked my base, wasn't it?"

Back to top Go down
kelly
mother of managarmrs
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Unit 48 finds the 30's first   Unit 48 finds the 30's first I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 10:48 pm

Lance offered a lopsided smile from seeing the other bot struggling. "Well, now that the cat's out of the bag this charade can end." He approached his desk and dropped the file. "Southerner..." So he didn't know about Unit 56's new movement? Very good. "Ah, yes. You're talking about Master Unit 56, who attacked OUR base, my friend."

"He's destroyed our base, reaped us of our Directives and separated us from our clusters! There's power in numbers and he makes the bots he finds... mindless individuals with no purpose." He finishes his confession with venom. "...And he was in this city of yours only an hour or so ago... and now he's on the move again. He was so close, and yet he escaped. My men and I have been tracking him for months... years, even."

Lance nods to the folder. "Everything you need to know about the Archives we've saved overtime can be found in there. All I ask is that you and the Thirties help me bring this traitor down."
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

PostSubject: Re: Unit 48 finds the 30's first   Unit 48 finds the 30's first I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 11:00 pm

"I don't need your Archives. I Am a Thirty after all. If I didn't put together your blueprints another of my team did. I have all data I need. You're rogue Fifty, even you aren't beyond my know...ledge."

"It sounds like he has followers. It already shows you do as well. I've been taking ca-car-car-e of my Unit just fine without a directive." DAMNIT! No, not another overload. Not now. "We build. We repair. That is our j-job."

His audio was breaking. He was pushing the envelope already by not powering off when they returned. There was no room for the data he obtained and it caused his processors to  overheat on occasion. Leading to his glitches to be more prominent.

Rather than show his faulty electronics would be a weakness, he pulled a tactic he had picked up from the humans he conversed with. Be snarky, and insulting in a false bravado. "You're a bit out... outdated yourself, aren't you? Didn't your model have at-ta-tachments?" He smiled.
Back to top Go down
kelly
mother of managarmrs
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Unit 48 finds the 30's first   Unit 48 finds the 30's first I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2015 12:39 am

If Class 30 were able to thrive without directives and updates, this Tony bot must have been one hell of a tinker. Unit 48 had to admit to himself he was a bit surprised on how developed these bots were -- even though their social mannerisms could use more work.

Lance blinked repeatedly at Tony's remark. "I assure you that I am well up to date to my personally desired abilities. As long as I'm stronger than Unit 56, I am content."

"Also, I do apologize for underestimating your capabilities..." ...Look at all that glitching... "...Tony." The bot raised his hand to his chin in a thinking posture. "You know, not to be overly forward, but it does appear you and your bots appear to be living off whatever you can scavenge. I'm the winning faction in this battle right now when it comes to equipment and the latest body upgrade systems. Maybe I could lend you one of my body and skin stations in trade for you to consider my offer in teaming up?"

To be honest, Unit 48 didn't have that many body stations -- up to 4 of them, but if giving one away meant an alliance, he saw it was worth the investment.

"Of course I'd have to go back to my sub which would take my bots and I back to the Southern Base I'm rebuilding to grab the contraption. It would take up to two days."
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

PostSubject: Re: Unit 48 finds the 30's first   Unit 48 finds the 30's first I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2015 12:58 am

Tony sat down in his office chair. Gripping the leather arms, he had to weigh his options.
"A... A body station would help. We've..." He looked up distrusting of the higher bot.
He looked up to the camera, hoping he didn't look as defeated as he felt.
A chime sounded on his computer.
"We will follow you."
Eden. But what if I lead you wrong?
He was forced to hold his head again. "I'm n-not-ot in a posi-si-sition to disagree." Reaching for his computer, he typed for Eden to call for a stand down. "I have a d-dry do-dock. I ca-a- acc-essssss codes..." His elbows hit the desk.

A panel opened up in the wall behind the foreign units. Eden ran out of the back room and bent by Tony's side. "Damnit, 34. You've put off restarting for to long!"
Back to top Go down
kelly
mother of managarmrs
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Unit 48 finds the 30's first   Unit 48 finds the 30's first I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 1:20 am

Unit 48 took a few steps back with a small smirk on his face and gives the unidentified object and Unit 34 some space to tend to their needs.

He turns his head slightly to nod to his assistant that he was ready to leave.

"I'm sure you'll find our partnership rewarding for the future of your bots, and mine, combined. I'll leave you to get yourself sorted out," he turned on his heel. "We'll keep in touch."

Before exiting he took a final glance at the currupted anthropomorphic file. What the hell is that thing?

Slight scene control sorry about that :> using Mobile version so I hope these codes work. Don't know if you want to continue 56's part here or start a new thread for that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unit 48 finds the 30's first   Unit 48 finds the 30's first I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unit 48 finds the 30's first
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
the apartment :: archive-
Jump to: