the apartment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the apartment

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Romeow & Julimut

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
kelly
mother of managarmrs
kelly

Romeow & Julimut Empty
PostSubject: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 4:43 pm

It was a warm yet pleasantly cool breezed early afternoon along the lower mountain side. It was a big night for Tilly, a young feline of the age of twenty (using human years bear with me) to take her place as the new leader of her village of three hundred and counting. It was suppose to be a year earlier... if it wasn't for the Dog Alpha Kolter up in the mountains raising hell ever since their war nearly a century ago over the territory.

For a few weeks it has been calm, so the current feline leaders decided it was time to pull Tilly into her position as the new leader. She has been trained for this ever since she was born, and although she has never seen Kolter in person, she made sure to do what she had to to keep her people safe.

"Tilly c'mon!" A younger orange tabby laughed, pulling her older best friend into a nicely crafted patio. "Tonight's the big night! Aren't you excited!?"

Tilly smiled and leaned over, staring into the large fountain underneath. "Of course... but I'm nervous as well... we're in the middle of a long war after all. But... I'm going to do my best to put an end to it." She sighed and rested her chin in her hands.

Last edited by kelly on Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alex
I'm going to do it! I'm going to write! Oh look a bug
alex

Romeow & Julimut Empty
PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 4:53 pm

Kolter paced the cavern that made up his bed chamber. To long, it has been far to long since he was last out in the world. He rubbed his side where an arrow had struck him during the last boarder skirmish. He growled to himself.

The mountain range his pack lived in for generations was nothing to shake a stick at. There were trap doors all over the mountain they called home. Caves ran through out the whole of it, branching off into living quarters to the families or the main hall which sported a large luminescent crystal.

Guards rapped on the ancient wooden door. "Alpha? Will you be coming to tonight Festivities?" The Rainy Seasons had started. Kolter, like so many times before, knew peace was to be kept for the following weeks for farming, and crop planting.

"No. I'm much to tired for the merriment. Give my regards." There was a snort and silence. With practiced care, he crept out into the empty halls. He was going Out tonight.
Back to top Go down
kelly
mother of managarmrs
kelly

Romeow & Julimut Empty
PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 5:14 pm

Through the long conversation Tilly had grown restless and needed to get out. She had a secret place to herself a little further up the mountain in the west where no one had ever labeled down their scent. If her parents or guards knew how close it was to Kolter's territory, they would surely have her head, so she was sure to be extra secretive about it.

With a sigh that accidentally interrupted her friend, she quickly apologized and dismissed herself. "I'm going out." She breathed, turning to go to her room and pack a "hiking" bag.

"Again? Oh Tilly, you'll be back in time though won't you?" Her friend nervously asked, biting at her nails as she watched her friend prepare for what seemed like she was running away. She knew better though, because Tilly does this quite a lot.

"Of course Lily! Just cover for me again, okay?" She chuckled, climbing out her bathroom window without waiting for her friend's reply.

She was out of her "royal" clothes and looked more like a commoner, and with good reason. It was harder to be spotted that way... and she didn't want to get anything nice dirty.

Taking her secret route with nothing but a sack over her arm, she ran off into her own private secret place the last time as a sovereign. The mist made the perfect get away.
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

Romeow & Julimut Empty
PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 5:26 pm

Kolter met no one on his way to the nearest door. He brought nothing with him, but his spear and a small hunting knife. No life stirred on this side of the mountain. All would have taken shelter in the forest below. Those trapped by the cliffs would be in the valleys on the other side. Good, he wasn't keen to hunt right now, and should he have startled anything during his descent from the wet rock walls would have alerted those guarding the entry ways.

It was a quiet night, hush was over the land. Kolter had no interest to venture into the small strip of forest that was Rightfully the Dogs, as it was cut off from the rest by a river. So instead he headed North. A waterfall lay just outside both territories. For some time he had been thinking of claiming it, but the area was to marshy on west side of the river for proper hunting.

Looking up, the rains would not be to far off. He had better make his trip fast or get caught out in the storm when he returns later. He took off in a slow jog, his wound was still healing. Oh how he would love to get a hold of the tabby that shot him.
Back to top Go down
kelly
mother of managarmrs
kelly

Romeow & Julimut Empty
PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 5:42 pm

Carefully treading along her designed path, Tilly smelled the nearby rain clouds that threatened to invade in the upcoming hours. She didn't plan to stay out too long, so to get to her place quicker she broke into a gentle calming jog. Ears alert and attentive, she enjoyed the sounds of nature while being quiet and quick on her feet.

By the time she got there only a little bit of sunlight peaked through the clouds and canopy, crossing out any hopes of writing in her journal or sketching art on the rocks. Instead she practiced her moves in the opening. Offense, defense, the work of her blade. A little bit of meditation and guidance seeking from the Gods wouldn't hurt either.
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

Romeow & Julimut Empty
PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 5:51 pm

The air was musty, fresh, wet. He loved the smell. He would hear the thundering falls soon faintly, but first he would have to cross the small marsh. He knew the path well enough by now. The trees were to thick to sink all the way into the muck, but they could still rot.

Hopping from patches of grass to rocks and trees was simple. A crane lifted its head and watched him progress. A raven was startled into the air when his foot slipped on the muddy turf and a small splash resounded. The harsh cries rang through the still air.
Back to top Go down
kelly
mother of managarmrs
kelly

Romeow & Julimut Empty
PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 6:15 pm

In the middle of her meditation (she's in a one-footed yoga stand), a flock of birds jetted out of the trees on the nearby cliff she never dared to venture up. Something was obviously about, and if she was to share this place with someone else she was curious as to who or what.

Stashing her bag in a opening of a tree, she looped her small waist belt on and put her dirk safely in its holster before sniffing about. She didn't smell anything out of the ordinary... then again her smelling sense wasn't the best. It was her great eye sight and movement detection from her whiskers she relied on.

Curious, she crossed over her pond and began her climb up the small cliff. Stopping midway she dipped her hand into the falling water and smiled, how beautiful. Careful with her claws, she was about to look over the very top.
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

Romeow & Julimut Empty
PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 6:33 pm

He emerged from the swamp, the shortest way from the Caves to the Falls. In the fading light you could still make out the small rainbows that dot the rocks. He climbed up the smooth rocks rounded by years of running water. Flowers poked up through the cracks. Thoughts of the war, having to ensure everyone was fed fled his mind. Everything was peaceful.

Kolter stood under a large flow. His blade and spear lay by the small pool. His cloak was folded up by a small fire. His collar bearing a dark crescent, and white circle. His arms were outstretched letting the water flow down his muscular being. His head was tilted back, with his nose just out of the water spray. It twitched with each gust of wind.
Back to top Go down
kelly
mother of managarmrs
kelly

Romeow & Julimut Empty
PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 6:54 pm

With a small grunt, Tilly hoisted herself up just to the bottom of her breast and glanced up to see a large dog inside the water's fall and in a second ducked back down with a muffled gasp.

Shit! What's a dog doing away from its pack?

She felt around to make sure her dirk was still there, and took a moment to think wither to approach or leave. Attacking him obviously wasn't an option.

Soon her feet would grow tired and she had to think about what to do.
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

Romeow & Julimut Empty
PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 7:03 pm

"You draw that blade and I will kill you with my bare hands." He called down. Distant rumble seemed to echo the threat.

He stepped out of the falls and shook himself free of dripping water. A few careful steps and he stoop by the small drop off. Reaching down he offered the feline his hand to help her up. "Might as well come up and join the fire." He tilted his head down at her, hand still outstretched.

Last edited by alex on Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kelly
mother of managarmrs
kelly

Romeow & Julimut Empty
PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 7:08 pm

His voice sent her spine into a frenzy and her fur spiked up from being surprised. He was good, she'll admit that much.

Before she knew it he was over looking her -- not a position she entirely wanted to be in. His hand reached out to help her up and it took her a moment before she grasped it.

"I would only do such a thing in defense," she smiled, letting him help her up over the ledge. "And that's very kind of you, thanks."
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

Romeow & Julimut Empty
PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 7:24 pm

Kolter did not release her hand until she was on the dry bed by the river. "The moss makes the rocks slippery." When hey stood by the fire he turned his back to her to don his cloak. When he turned back around he swept up his blade and spear which he stuck in the ground.

"What are you doing so far from your territory? Sources say the Chiefs daughter is having a special night. I would think all of your people would be there to celebrate." He sat down and began to feed the fire.
Back to top Go down
kelly
mother of managarmrs
kelly

Romeow & Julimut Empty
PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 7:36 pm

She never held hands with a dog before and for some odd reason she didn't mind. It wasn't like she expected... it was just as warm and soft as her father's, only his claws were forced to be drawn.

After he handled his weapons she was a little at unease, but sat down nonetheless after his remark. She realized he had no idea who she was, and sighed in relief. "Oh, you're right, we're all to be there," she said. "But I like to catch my breath before the ceremony and get some time to myself."

She stared into the fire -- knowing if he was to attack she could defend herself. Besides, it was rude to assume all mutts were bad. "What about you? I would think it's not in your normalcy to go off out of the pack. Correct me if I'm wrong."
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

Romeow & Julimut Empty
PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 7:48 pm

There was something about this cat. Something told him to strike, but he held back. Relaxing his shoulders as the fur on the back of his neck stood up. "Normally. Leaving the pack is always taught to be dangerous, but it gets noisy in the mountain. Everyone is inside because the rock safe is dangerous when the rains come."

Kolter looked sideways from where the cat came from. "I just had to get out. I haven't been anywhere since the last battle when I got shot." He scratched his side absentmindedly.
Back to top Go down
kelly
mother of managarmrs
kelly

Romeow & Julimut Empty
PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 7:55 pm

Looking into the fire relaxed her and an innocent yawn escaped. "Ah, I see. I don't have to deal with slippery rocks for the most part, but it is smart to stay out of harm's way anytime you can."

She looked above the fire and at him to study his features for the first time. He looked strong and intimidating but the way he carried his speech made him that much more approachable. It's good to be social in the least.

"I suppose that's where we're the same. I don't usually come around here -- in fact I've never been on this ledge before but the birds were scared. So I was curious and climbed, and here we are."

She flattened her ears at the idea of battle. "Oh, I'm sorry to hear... the most recent one? If you don't mind me asking that is."
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

Romeow & Julimut Empty
PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 8:15 pm

"No, your safely tucked away in the forest." His ears went back, more from embarrassment at her next comment then in anger. "I slipped in the marsh, making them fly up."

He stoked the fire, causing a cascade of sparks to fly into the air. The light dances colorfully in her eyes. "Yes, I was one of the party of dogs." He watched her for a second. "The Alpha was shot, if you know anything about that. He's been in bed. He refused to retreat until the others were back across the river. It was infected for the longest."
Back to top Go down
kelly
mother of managarmrs
kelly

Romeow & Julimut Empty
PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 8:25 pm

She tossed her head in a 'what-can-ya-do' manner and smirked, picturing a dog such as him fall. She crossed her legs, rested her elbows on her knees and rested her chin on her palm; listening to his story. It upset her listening about the battle from a total stranger -- probably any other warrior she would overlook during battle... that is if she was forced to lead one.

"I'm afraid I haven't heard, I'm sorry." She frowned, flicking her tail. "Where I stay in the village I'm only told what I'm suppose to hear -- nothing else really." She sighed and looked back up the clouds to see if they had cleared, a few stars already coming out.

"I know I may not look it, but I do know how ugly war is." She looked back to the fire, "...and after tonight I'll do my best to put an end to it." It only took her a second to realize what she had said. "ER... I MEAN... Uh, I should go -- leave you to your lovely fire!" She chuckled nervously, standing up and turning.
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

Romeow & Julimut Empty
PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 8:39 pm

Kolters ears perked. "How could someone like you stop a far my fathers have been fighting. We were both born into it and someday I will die in it. I'll be a sorry pup if an infection kills me."

He saw her stand and jumped to his feet. Though his hand was to his side, he had left his blade by his spear. "Here. Should my... pack mates ever see you." He undid the clasp to his collar and handed it to her. "The Crest of the Moon. So she changes, so shall we." He hesitated. "Do you need help back down?"
Back to top Go down
kelly
mother of managarmrs
kelly

Romeow & Julimut Empty
PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 9:20 pm

Her hesitation to think about asking for his name before their departure costed her a response from him. "I do what I can, that's all I can say I'm afraid." She frowned at his threat, "it's a shame you feel that way."

She made it to the ledge beforing turning, hearing him approach. "Oh, thank you," she carefully took it from him and studied it while he explained. "I agree."

"No, I can manage," she said to his offer. "I don't think we will meet again but in case we do I hope it's under the right light." (Good terms, positively, not in battle, etc.)

She wanted to ask for his name but could not offer hers in return to instead began her descend.
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

Romeow & Julimut Empty
PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 9:38 pm

"No, I don't know if we will meet again. Not unless your curious about viewing the falls again." He nodded to her and walked back to the fire. Gathering up his gear, he doused the fire and melted back into the darkness. He followed her silently in the undergrowth before veering off into the swamp again. He sprinted home eager to be with his own kind and to get the visage of the feline off his mind.

"Alpha! What are you doing out in your condition. The infection isn't completely gone." A dark gray wolf emerged from a doorway.

"Muzzle it. I am going to my room. See to it everyone is taken care of." He limped slightly down into the corridor.

"Sir?" He followed puzzled. "Does that mean?"

"We break the truce. The goats will run out and we need more then that strip of trees to hunt in."
Back to top Go down
kelly
mother of managarmrs
kelly

Romeow & Julimut Empty
PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 10:08 pm

After safely making it to the bottom, Tilly went over to the tree and grabbed her gear, stashing the dog's pass inside. She wrapped it over her shoulder and looked up at the sky.

"Ugh, I spent too long here," she groaned, "I'm going to be late." She looked down at her hands. Hesitating, she went on all fours and dashed through the woods back to her village where she could hear the crowd gathering. If being late wasn't going to get her tail bitten, her dirty hands would.

- - - - -

Climbing back into her bathroom, she slipped and fell into her empty tub.

"Tilly! There ya are! Do you realize how long you've been gone!? I was worried 'bout you!" Lily panicked, coming from Tilly's bed and rushing to the bathroom to see the dirty sovereign. "Jee, you look like you fot' off a pack of mutts."

"I know, I know, thanks for covering me again. Has anyone asked for me?" She groaned, removing her clothes and using her sink to wash up since she was running out of time.

"Of course!" Her friend leaned against the frame work and counted off by her fingers. "First it was a guard and I told him ya were nauseous, then it was ya uncle Solemar and I told him ya were washin up, then it was ya own mum and I told her you were meditatin'! IS THAT DIRT ON YER HANDS!? You know all fours is forbidden from you!"

"Thanks so much Lily" she smiled, grabbing her friend to kiss her cheek and shut her up, "I owe you one big time."
She ran and threw her bag on the bed, going through her drawer to put on the assigned clothes for the ceremony.

The sound of something dropping to the floor didn't stop her but Lily's gasp did.

"Tilly... what's this!?" She held up the stranger's collar from earlier, sniffing it then hissing. "Tilly! Where did you get this!?"

Tilly couldn't breathe and her body locked up. "I... I found it."

"You do know what this is!? These are the marks of the enemies' leaders. Only the betas and alphas wear these!"

Tilly was glad she washed her paw before Lily smelled it. "Lily it's no big deal I promise, I found it on the path."

"No ya didn't! Those mutts have pride for what they are, they wouldn't just lose these so easily---"

The door opened abruptly and a guard came in. "I'm sorry to disturb, but the Elders ask for you now." He ordered before leaving them.

Tilly turned to see that Lily held the collar behind her back. "Listen Tilly, I ain't gonna tell yer parents... but you've got some explainin' to do."

Tilly smiled and sighed in relief, running to hug her friend. "Thanks Lily... I promise when this is over, I'll explain everything."

And with that the two left the room after cleaning up.
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

Romeow & Julimut Empty
PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 10:35 pm

"Is the pack ready?" Kolter stood by his chamber door. Leather armor was covered his torso and legs. It was stained dark.

"Yes Alpha. The archers have full quivers. Every blade has been sharpened..." Said the beta which greeted him earlier. He stood by his leader, an ear behind his head. "Alpha?"

He avoided the gaze of his second in command. He knew the question. He had fought many battles with him. They grew up together, "You trust me?"

"With my life."

"Then you know breaking the truce is not an easy task. Something I do not want the moon to look down upon me for. So I leave her behind for her innocence." It seemed to please him. "Polum, bring the pack. We leave when the moon rises."

----

The pack ran on all fours. Kolter in the lead with his betas on either side. Two ran right bringing a good portion with them. They headed for the far end of the village. Deaths were to be a minimal. Fear was needed for things to change.

Orange light would soon be seen from the leaders home. When they realized what was going on, Kolter and his group would strike the heart of the village.
Back to top Go down
kelly
mother of managarmrs
kelly

Romeow & Julimut Empty
PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 11:36 pm

Tilly and Lily split ways and Tilly met with her mother and father, the Elders and the group leaders.

"Oh Tilly, you look beautiful." Her mother smiled, embracing her when she entered the leader's crown room.

"Thanks," she nervously smiled, knowing that sink water is all that stops the stench of the wilderness from contaminating the room. "I feel good."

"That's good, because your time has come." Her father rose, nodding to the Elders who rose as well. "Do you have your speech ready my daughter?"

Shit my speech! I'll have to lie and make it up!

"Of course father, I'm ready." She nervously smiled again and followed everyone to the main balcony where the most of her people awaited. Ugh why couldn't that dog have eaten me instead? This is so nerve racking!

She approached the good hundred who cheered, the moon shining bright with beautiful clouds that cried earlier that day. She smiled and waved and nodded as she was told to do.

She practiced an entire week for this moment -- how to look, what not to say, strategies for not feeling so nervous. Hopefully those skills would kick in soon.

After being introduced, she looked back to see her supporters and Lily smiling -- Lily a little too bouncy.

She concluded her speech when a small explosion erupted from the edge of the village; smoke rising.

A guard broke through the confused and distracted crowd, "Your highness! The packs -- they're attacking!"[/i]
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

Romeow & Julimut Empty
PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 11:56 pm

A flaming arrow shot through the sky and flew over the crowd. It stuck quivering in a banister on the balcony. A howl ripped through the air. A group of dogs of all colors seemed to poor down the roads leading to the square.

"Tabaitun, I am tired of your talks. My people cry for action. I am here to deliver!" Kolter stepped forward. He grabbed an arrow of a near by hound and took up a bow. He took aimed for Tilly's father, completely oblivious to her in the heat of the moment.

The shaft flew from the his hand purposely missing, by a paws width. It was only mean to drive home a point. A second explosion rang out, closer.

"My pack is in your city. What will you do?"
Back to top Go down
kelly
mother of managarmrs
kelly

Romeow & Julimut Empty
PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 2:21 am

The crowd dispersed with panic and the guards who were placed on the ground assisted the people out and into safety.

Tilly's father stepped forth and nudged her back to block her, not flinching from the Alpha's arrow. "Go with your mother and find shelter," he whispered, pushing her back before she could refuse.
He faced Kolter. "How dare you disturb my people of all days of my village's ceremony! We had a truce!"

He lifted a hand to signal the warriors to emerge from his tower to approach Kolter and his fleet. Some archers, but most with spears and blades.

"First I'll rid of you mutts out of my kingdom then I'll arrest you once and for all! Guards, attack!"

- - - - -

Lily's mother guided the young cats and the Elders to the emergency bunker down the corridor.
As everyone was filing in and more of the king's men ran torwards the danger and out into the street, Tilly took the chance to slip away.
She ran to her room and opened the closet to put her vest and hood on.
Right when she adjusted her helmet Lily's familiar voice came from her door. "Tilly what're-"

"My people need me, Lily!" She hissed, swinging her bag around her shoulder. "They saw me up there taking charge of them and now they'll see me again protecting them!"

Lily just blinked and offered a smile. "Jee Tilly... you better come back, because you've still got some explaining to do."

They shared a nod before Lily went back with the Elders and Tilly joined the warriors.
While she wasn't fighting for her life she would guide her people to safety.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Romeow & Julimut Empty
PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Romeow & Julimut
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
the apartment :: archive-
Jump to: