the apartment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the apartment

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Romeow & Julimut

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
kelly
mother of managarmrs
kelly

Romeow & Julimut - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 4:40 pm

After the pup left, Tilly took off Kolter's collar and placed it on his bed before going over to her food and eating. It was delicious and filling; for dogs they sure knew what they were doing when it came to feline delicacies. She drunk her water with haste since she was extremely thirsty from the day and run, cleaning up after herself.

Kolter entered a few hours later and she continued to sit at the table, looking out the window. "Cute pup you sent up to me," she said, not looking at him. "It's a shame I couldn't be there to remorse the fallen... yet again I'm sure I'm the last animal they'd wanna see."

She dragged a nail against the table slowly, studying it's patterns but not to damage. "It must be hard for you; you've seen so much. I've yet to deal with such pain... I just hope when I go back I won't have to."

She rested her head in hand, continuing to gaze upon the moon.
She didn't even know if it was him at the door or not, she could only guess.
Back to top Go down
alex
I'm going to do it! I'm going to write! Oh look a bug
alex

PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 4:53 pm

He entered stoned face, yet you could see he was tired. "We send the pups away when we clean the fallen. He volunteered to bring you dinner. His mother died. She was shot in the back helping one of you people who had fell trying to leave the square."

Not looking at her, he put the sword on a table under the weapon wall. "Some don't have family or heirs to take on the task of protecting the pack." Slowly, he ran his hand down the still bloody blade.

"Did you enjoy your meal?" Turning to look at her.
Back to top Go down
kelly
mother of managarmrs
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 4:59 pm

Her heart ached badly at his response. She felt like it was all her felt yet it was her father's. Yet why did the pack have to attack? There are better ways to be heard than from causing havoc. The pain turned into confusion but she kept silent, trying not to beat herself up too bad.

She stood up and crossed her arms, approaching him. "Yes, it was delicious, thank you." She looked at his bed, then around the room awkwardly. "Uhm... I don't mean to cause anymore stress than you're baring already, but uh... while I'm here..." she looked at him with an awkward smile. "What are the sleeping arrangements?"
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 5:20 pm

Kolter looked around and walked over to his bed where the collar lay. "You took it off?" Walking slowly, he looked over her plate. He picked up a piece she over looked and chewed it idly.

"The injured are in the spare rooms to avoid getting sick. I hope you don't mind. We don't have a lot of extra space usually." He spat a bone out and dropped the tail.

He couldn't help but notice her frown. "Don't look so down. It is an honor for the pups to accept the sword. Loved ones join the moon and watch over us. We tell them each star was once part of the Pack. You must have something similar."
Back to top Go down
kelly
mother of managarmrs
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 5:28 pm

She rubbed the back of her neck, "Well, yeah. It's not mine to keep. I was told the Alphas and Betas wore it so it belongs to you."

She took that as a hint that she was staying right where he put her, and swallowed. "Oh, it's fine... I understand." She looked around awkwardly and decided to sit on the very edge of his bed since he didn't give her any specific rules. The fact that he watched her closely enough to notice the internal conflict inside her made her shift uncomfortably. "Yes, we do." She sighed and felt the fur with her hand, "It's much the same except we do it early in the morning. It's mostly mothers and children that cry for their husbands and fathers."

Anger was coming back so she quickly needed to change the subject in a polite and respectable way.

She noticed how badly he scrutinized her plate, not missing a single crumb. "You're starving... why don't you eat something?"
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 6:31 pm

He nodded, "Why do the women grieve? Sorrow is something everyone feels. As is anger. Most who fought were the mothers." He laughed. "Speaking of sorrow should I be worried if you act on yours?"

"We all are. I bypass my meal to those who need it. There are people more deserving then me." He picked up the plate and moved it to the table by the door and clipped the collar back around his neck.

"Make yourself comfortable, it is late and we've all had a busy day." He smiled to her and bowed himself out.
Back to top Go down
kelly
mother of managarmrs
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 9:47 pm

She shrugged off what he had said about sorrow being natural. She knew it was of course but she didn't want to explain the differences between what's natural and what's needed. She gave him a lazy smile and a scoff. "Eventually," she fell back on the bed with a groan, "but's not going to be personally against you."

She said nothing to his statements and thought.
Right when he left she swung the door open.

"Kolter!" She smiled, "Let's so fishing. That is, if you think you can handle more of
my shananigans tonight."
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 10:36 pm

His ears perked. "You want to do- What?" He walked back in and folded his arms. "What will fishing do this late in the night?" He said with a laugh. "Alright, I guess it wouldn't hurt." He looked to the corner of the room for his spear. "What do you need?"

When they had everything, he lead the way back through the winding tunnels. A group of pups ran by followed by a ragged looking mom. Kolter caught the last pup in line and handed it off to the caretaker.

"You're presence seems to have stirred the pups up into a frenzy." She said with a smile. The little one still had baby fuzz that stuck up in directions. "They want to see you in the Cavern later."
Back to top Go down
kelly
mother of managarmrs
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 9:24 pm

She followed him closely, in fear of getting lost. She was looking forward to getting outside and feeling the fresh open air again.

They were intercepted by a line of pups and she smiled while Kolter managed a stray.

When his mind isn't focused on war, he's just a giant fluff ball...

She simply smiled and nodded to the caretaker's offer. She however felt differently... staying locked up in Kolter's room would probably be best to avoid negative tension.
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 9:58 pm

Kolter seemed to sense she had other ideas. "They want to hear a story from you. If they cannot go out in the valley to play, we tell them stories of the past and let them reenact battles." With a laugh he added. "It's fifty-fifty. Those who play the cats side win just as often as the dogs."

The old gate keeper looked up from a small plate of meat. "Eh? Going out so late?"

"Yes, Scruffy. The food supplies are low with everyone being out today. We're going out to do a spot of fishing." The old dog nodded and opened the door for them.

"Come back safe, both of you. You hear?"
Back to top Go down
kelly
mother of managarmrs
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 11:26 pm

As she passed by the gate she nodded. "I'm here to protect him so I'm sure we'll be okay," she jested, bumping his shoulder. When they were by themselves she replied to his earlier statement. "That sounds exciting but when it comes down to it I really have no stories to tell."
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 11:39 pm

Kolter smiled and followed her. "You must have something worth telling." He was hesitant to let her stray to far from him should she try and run.

They walked on in silence before they reached the river. "What was the real reason you wanted out here?"
Back to top Go down
kelly
mother of managarmrs
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 1:06 am

She dismissed his statement with a pathetic non-confident shrug. Jumping stone to stone she balanced herself calmly and motionlessly over the quiet slightly-active river, staring down at the water. "Mr. Kolter, I'm offended," she murmured, pupils in slits as she stood perfectly still, waiting for a fish to swim by. "Maybe I just wanted to help catch some food for your people."

She looked up at him and offered a smile, "And some quality ally-bonding wouldn't hurt either, now would it?"

She felt pretty confident in herself... she made it this far. Maybe when she got home, this unnecessary war would be over.
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 1:21 am

Kolter laughed and jumped after her, standing securely on the slippery rock. "Mr. ? I haven't earned that title yet. My muzzle has not turned white, nor have I taken a mate." He sighed and looked to the water, his spear in his hand. "No, many say I worry to much about everyone to worry over one."
A coy smile appeared on his face, "But what of you?" He nudged her. "Surely you must have the males drooling... Or does your people not do that?" He drove the tip down into the water and pulled out a floundering fish. "Can't say I have seen a cat drool."
Back to top Go down
kelly
mother of managarmrs
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 1:48 am

She scoffed before thrusting into the water with a small grunt, stabbing a good sized fish. It almost slipped off, and she whimpered in relief when she was able to successfully dunk it into the basket by her feet, preparing her next stance. "You're kidding! Isn't there suppose to be an 'alpha female' in a pack? I was sure with your youth and personality you were taken by now," she chuckled, returning her gaze back into the water. "But as a leader for a pack going through a tough time like this, I can imagine a love life coming second."

When a break in fish came, she gently nudged him with the safe end of her spear with a small laugh. "Sure we do, after bathing our selves or laughing too hard. Saliva feels weird on our whiskers so I'm sure the 'drool' doesn't drip far. But hey, everyone's different I suppose."

She almost forgot to answer his question, "And no, my future mates are kind of arranged. I'm not allowed to pick the Tom I want, they're hand picked by my father, agreed by my mother, and I'm allowed to dismiss them. So far I've rejected two of them, which drives my dad crazy." She started to giggle uncontrollably. "You should see the looks on their face, they're always different. The first Tom looked so hurt... I felt so bad, but I didn't like him. The second one gave me a hidden smile and nod, so then I realized the Toms are set up, too."

She sighed, "Unfortunately I'm running out of time... by the time I get home, I'll have to pick someone by next year to assist me run my kingdom. Gag me with a fish spine." She clapped down the spear to catch an even larger fish, and smiled wide in victory.
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 1:57 am

Kolter stayed silent all through out her little tale. "It's funny. Your father and several of your people see me, my pack as savage, primitive. I see us as free. It's not right you cannot choose who you love." He stabbed downward, hooking a fair sized fish but almost fell off his perch in the process.

"Seeing as you want change, why not change that rule when you get back?" He reached over and helped her with the large fish. "Ok, it is not fair. You have better night vision."

He laughed with her and aimed for another fish. "Who better to know who compliments you then yourself? There are several females I could mate with. They are all good dogs, good warriors. To good sometimes." He sighed.
Back to top Go down
kelly
mother of managarmrs
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 2:28 am

She sighed, looking away from him and her action. It sucked being reminded that she's the representative of her close-minded people. It was mostly ignorance that made her not want to think about it, so with a grimace she pushed the thought away. 

"Sadly it's not that easy," a sad giggle escaped, "as if it ever is, huh?" After collecting a good number of fish she took a break, leaning against her pole and watched him do some fishing. "Our genes are important not as just a society but as a species. Sure, I can change many things, but proper breeding is not one of them."

She smiled once again, watching him slightly struggle. "It's alright! Just look for the shine in their scales from the moon's light--I know it's a little hard, but with practice I'm sure it'll just be another technique you've gotten down."

A few minutes passed and they collected a good amount of fish. Pretending to mind her own business, she made sure he was clear from knocking his catch off his stone and nudged his hip with the safe edge of her spear, hard. "You're too modest!"
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 2:38 am

"I'm used to hunting during the day, or using an arrow in the woods if it is dark." He splashed her on purpose as he stabbed down at nothing in the water. To be honest, he was having a hard time concentrating. The way the moon reflected in her eyes, the faint glow from the water on her fur. No canine had her sleek body.

"Genes? Pssh, we just pair up. Usually, those who choose the life to heal, fall in love with the brave warrior." He made his voice swoon with a laugh. "Others, warriors fall in love with each other out of respect for the others skills..."

His voice trailed off as he listened to her. He knew how to hunt. He took aim again but felt his foot move against him. "Whaa!" He drove his spear into the loose rocks, but it gave way. His paws flailed for anything, and found Tilly's paw. His weight alone pulled her down with him in a large splash.

~~~
kelly: i'm not sure where leon came from so if one of your guys was leon let me know
alex: LOL IDFK
kelly:IM CHANGING IT JUST IN CASE he's not important so it doesn't matter

Last edited by alex on Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:10 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
kelly
mother of managarmrs
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 2:50 am

She listened contently as he chatted, her tail lazily swaying back and forth before her playful action. His clumsiness and lack of agility to defend and even stop himself from falling--obviously being distracted by something--made laughter roll out of her. 

A high pitched playful mew came shortly afterwards once he grabbed a hold of her to bring her down. "Kolter, no! Water!" She laughed with fear before disappearing with him in the splash for a split second. 

- - -

Ears down and slits thin with anger, one of the king's scouts, Noku, lifted his whiskers in disgust when what was thought as distress was really... joy from the young sovereign. Quick and light on his feet, he was sure to be against the wind instead of in front of it so the Alpha couldn't smell him. Once he noticed the clouds above surfing under the moon had shifted, he quickly made his leave to alert the king of the developing... relationship, or whatever this was.

- - -

Wet and shivering, Tilly shook at her fur and froze to see she was straddling the baffled canine. She didn't know what to do or say other than collect herself, and nervously smile. "Heh... sorry..." she apologized with a small blush, getting off of him and offering a paw to help him up.

~ ~ ~

alex: i feel like the characters names are just FACEKEYBOAD k
kelly: LMFAO PRETTY MUCH
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 2:59 am

Kolter felt his face heat up. He had never been topped in a sparing match, in battle, by anyone. Having the cat sitting on him felt... strange. He took her and stood up. "Oh... Right, sorry." Almost instinctively, he scooped her into his arms and carried her off to the shore.

As he set her down, he saw their things being washed away. He dashed after it all in a long powerful bound. There was real back splash, and he was back to shore with basket and spears. "Are you ok to get back or do you want to dry?" His voice trailed off as he lifted his nose. There was something in the air, but it came out in a sneeze and he lost the trace. He pawed his face in a rather cute way as if not knowing what just happened to him.

"Oh crud, sorry. Must have water up my nose."
Back to top Go down
kelly
mother of managarmrs
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 3:14 am

Feeling soaking wet was becoming extremely uncomfortable and it didn't help when Kolter picked her up. Her claws almost dug into his skin in defense; she quickly controlled herself. She looked defeated and embarrassed. She weakly held onto him and feeling past formalities after such an event, she used his real name. "Kolter, please. This is hardly necessary..." she had mumbled, clearly not loud enough because they made it to shore and he set her down.

She took several feet away from him to collect herself, but before she could say anything he was off to collect their stuff that had fallen anyways. It gave her time to shake her fur and calm herself further without saying something completely foolish from pure embarrassment. 

Instinctively she licked herself, regretful that he saw it. "I- I'm sorry, I can't help it-" she licked again. "I'm afraid you'll have to wait for me to dry myself-" and again, she chuckled in embarrassment once more. "It's just- er- a natural thing for me, I apologize again. Excuse me." She quickly paced away from him to go hide somewhere, licking at her arms, twitching occasionally. 

Once she was out of his eyesight, or so she hoped she was, she sat down and began licking herself frantically to get the cold river water off her fur.
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 3:25 am

His head tilted as he watched her curiously. Her tongue was a very light pink. He smiled slightly, remembering how a lot of pups had that innocent of a pink on their pads and such. The damp fur clung to her body, allowing her muscles to stand out all the more.

Kolter looked after her worried. He looked about for something to do and sniffed his shoulder. Wet dog. He went the opposite way and searched about until he found some herbs near the river bed. A small pawful of twigs and branches and he was back where she had left him. With his small blade and a rock, he struck up a small fire, burning the leaves to give off a more pleasant scent.

"Uh... Tilly?" He shook himself hard, making the fire hiss. "I lit a fire... if that helps. If you don't mind, I might cook a fish or two. I haven't eaten today." He hesitated before bending down to his task of cleaning one of the fish they caught. Cat customs were weird. How she ran off made him want to help all the more.
Back to top Go down
kelly
mother of managarmrs
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 3:34 am

Oh goodness, this is so embarrassing...! I'm basically bathing around him...!

She shook off the idea and tried her best to pick up the speed to drying off. It was a shame these kind of tasks took time. Her ears perked when hearing him, but was too busy to actually listen. It was when the keywords 'fire', 'cook', and 'fish' settled into the air did she stop what she was doing. 

Fire. Warmth. Dry.

Almost robotic-like, she stood and emerged from the brush to take the seat across from him, scooting as close to the small flame as much as she could. "I'm sorry about that, it's an impulse in my mind to dry myself... it's very embarrassing... you'll have to excuse me if I continue. My fur feels uncomfortable when I'm wet."

The fish looked good and she smiled, wanting him to eat. "Why of course, by all means, please do."
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 3:41 am

Kolter felt better seeing her emerge and added more wood to the fire. She was starting to fluff up and her fur stuck up in places. "Embarrassing? Oh! Right, dogs... don't really do that. I can turn around if it helps... If you don't want me to watch."

He had already repositioned himself with his back to the fire, letting it warm him. A fish was stuck on a stick just by the fire. A forked twig held up the poker it was on. "Could you keep an eye on the fish for me? You can have a bite, if you want..."

His ears dipped slightly. He wasn't a dog of words, he felt better doing something. Perking his ears he looked out into the forest across the way. The fire was masking any scents, so he kept his guard up and his spear at hand.
Back to top Go down
kelly
mother of managarmrs
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 3:48 am

She rubbed her shoulders with a small grimace, hating the feeling of being damp, and a few licks escaped. When he turned around without awaiting any kind of answer, a smile formed on her face.

After a moment she was able to shake the feeling, and come to an agreement with her mind that she would properly dry and clean herself in a more private setting. Even doing it when he wasn't looking wasn't appropriate.

"Kolter... please, it's okay." She smiled, letting her arms fall comfortably. She was surprised with this kind of self-control she was capable of. "Enjoy your fish and fire, I can learn to do my business on my own time. And no thank you, I'm not hungry. You need it."

More than anything she didn't want Kolter on defense, looking all tense and ready to fight. It was more comforting to see a canine with such high power and status relax and enjoy the company of another--specially her. Er... cat, she was sure she meant.

...Huh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Romeow & Julimut
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
the apartment :: archive-
Jump to: