the apartment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the apartment

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Romeow & Julimut

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
alex
I'm going to do it! I'm going to write! Oh look a bug
alex

Romeow & Julimut - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 2:40 am

Polum gave a howl and the pack split into small groups of threes or fours. They charged snarling, growling, teeth bared. Arches fell back into the trees to pick off those in the tower. Polum and his group barred down on a small cluster of guards. He broke away to pick up a child who had strayed from its mother.

She cried out from the nearest doorway. Stone faced, he walked the screaming kit to her. "Keep him from harm," and ran back to assist his people.

----

"You said my people would have plenty to eat yet the goats are running out, as my father said they would." He side stepped as an arrow went past, expression never faulting. Yet a dog ran up beside him and returned volley. "Don't make a promise you cannot keep or I will hold you to it.

He ran forward, dodging all he encountered. Two shepherds followed hard on his heels. With a flying kick, he crashed through a window and fell the guards there. "You know the law," He called as they entered after him. "Elderly, woman, children; we don't kill."

One shepherd put a fist over her heart. "They are the in Moons light." "They are the past and future." Her brother copied and chimed.

"May she show the way as we sing to her." Kolter prayed before running to the stairs.
Back to top Go down
kelly
mother of managarmrs
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 2:53 am

Running roof to roof and checking to make sure each door was closed, Tilly would visit stumbling families and command them into their bunkers. Out of breath she continued while helping the lost or injured men who tried to fight back. It seemed like for every scream that silenced, the sounds of blades clashing would increase.

- - - - -

The king hissed and dodged the returning arrow. "I held my side of the deal! It's not my fault if you can't manage your contraband wisely!"

Once Kolter disappeared into the tower, a guard spoke. "Please sir, get to the bunker with others until this blows over."
"No, I need to fight him myself and save my daughter the trouble. Join the others."

He ran to the main hall and down the stairs, drawing his blade.
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 3:02 am

"There on the roof!" An archer called, taking aim and letting fly an arrow at the roof jumping cat.

----

Polum turned his head at the shout, but paid her no mind. "Keep together!" He shouted, those who had strayed from a group ran to join another else they meshed and broke apart into new fighting forces.

----

"Why are there so many door leading to No where?!" Kolt shouted as he kicked down another door. "Are their stairs not joined?"

"Alpha, voices down the corridor." A shepherd called by the corner.

Kolter took point, brandishing his sword. He leapt around the corner fully prepared to strike but pulled back. He had a smug smile on his face. "I would have thought you'd be holed away while others fought your battles, Queen Maisora. Is your mate hiding away somewhere or did he send you to kill me instead?"
Back to top Go down
kelly
mother of managarmrs
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 3:22 am

Tilly dragged an injured tom cat out of the street and behind a couple of crates down an ally. "M'lady... this is no place for you." He coughed, holding his chest.

"None of that, save your strength." She murmured, hand on his shoulder.

"My father faught against this Lot back in his day... they have morals your highness. But your father is in trouble...!"

With a gasp she nodded and ran behind the buildings to get back to the palace. Upon arrival the guards had fallen and the Alpha's men stood guard. It didn't take her long to smirk once the thought of her bathroom window came to mind.

- - - - -

Tilly's mother stopped dead in her tracks but put on a straight face as she turned. "Commander Kolter, I would have had the dinner table ready if I knew I was having guests," she narrowed her eyes, "welcomed guests. Oh and I'm sure he is around here somewhere... he's pretty steamed you completely ruined our daughter's ceremony; like you do with everything else."

Sir Solemar (the uncle, brother of the king) entered right behind the queen who seemed calm and glanced at the brutes with a loud hiss.
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 3:32 am

"Your brother-in-law has a hair ball it seems." He spun his sword in his hand. "Just another thing I cannot stand of you all, no regard to get down and dirty. Or would you know something of that Maisora?" He stepped toward Solemar with a growl. His fangs bared.

The female shepherd sides stepped Kolter and offered her paw to the queen. "Please step away. In right you are not to be harmed." She ignored a snort that came from her brother, Tore`(tore ay), as he grabbed his own sword out of his belt.

"They would not give us the courtesy, Mete. It's only by Moon's grace."

"Enough." Koltar barked. "Mete, get her to the others seeking refuge, Tore`-"

"I have your back."
Back to top Go down
kelly
mother of managarmrs
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 3:54 am

Maisora hissed at the insult and bared her teeth, ears flat and tail poofed. Solemar stepped in front of her with a hiss and drawed both of his thin sharp blades from his back and held them in an x-formation. "There'll be none of that! You did enough damage for today Kolter, now take your leave!"

Dashing through her room and grabbing the collar she clipped it on shortly before grabbing her handy dirk. Without hesitance, she cartwheeled out her door and landed in a perfect battle stance in front of her uncle. "Enough of this!"

Her mother and uncle gasped, "Tilly, no! Leave now!" The queen almost cried, but her daughter paid no mind to her.
She was fixed on the dark leader Kolter.

"Starting today I am the new leader of this village!" She hissed, "If any life is to be claimed today to satisfy your anger and hunger then it will be mine! Not my father's!" She gripped her blade and narrowed her eyes. "So go on with it! End this war with my rein and leave my people be!"
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 4:12 am

She pulled her hand back, a growl rose from Mete as she drew her sword. All three dogs had their hackles raising on the back of their necks. "You know full well I won't leave. Your brother gave us an invitation when he still refuses hunting rights-"

Surprised, they all stepped back when the door swung open.

Kolter growled his ears dipped back against his head. "My quarrel is not with you. It was not your word that was broken." The two shepherds eyes Tilly wryly. The fact she wore the Crest had them lower their weapons.

"Your father made it obvious his word was never set in stone, he had no intention in helping my people. If you get in my way I will-" He stared her down, every bit looking fully capable of striking her where she stood. Yet his eyes, which only she had a clear view of seeing, spoke volumes.

He sheathed his blade. "Very well... Do you remember what I said?" Implying their first meeting back at the falls. He lunged, gripping her wrist and twisting it behind her back, his other closing around her neck and pulling her against him. "You draw that blade, and I Will kill you with my bare hands." He growled loud enough for her mother to hear.

I won't hurt you. His arms remained tense, but his grip softened to almost a caress.
Back to top Go down
kelly
mother of managarmrs
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 4:39 am

She held her ground even as she knew she was greatly out numbered. Before she could defend herself, Leader Kolter was too quick and grabbed her in an arm hold. Those familiar words brought the flash of memory to her from earlier that day. "It's you," she whispered, hardly audible as she dropped her weapon in surprise.

Her father along with two archers made it to the bottom of the stairs only to stare in horror. "Tilly!"
The archers aimed and her uncle approached once more; her mom was already in tears.

"No!" She hissed, but this time at her family. "No more shooting or clawing or fighting! No more!"
Her mother put her hand on Solemar's shoulder and he lowered his swords slowly and sadly.
"You made me leader and I'm going to do just that, my job." She glared at her father who didn't alter.
"I am going to quietly go with them, we are going to work through this together-"
The archers tugged, ready to fire.
"-And I'm not coming back until Peace comes home with me."
She looked into her father's eyes pleadingly, "Dad."
He sighed sadly and bent his head, weakly raising his hand for his archers to disengage.

Tilly sighed in relief; she was tired for today.
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 4:57 am

Kolter sneered at the king. "Archers? Thought you would have me picked off then?" His back up growled at the kings arrival. His eyes darted from each feline before him before releasing as she spoke to her father.

"Tore, alert the others. We are going home." The shepherd went to the nearest window and gave a low howl. It was picked up and returned by several down still fighting. The sound of paws beating the hard packed earth was barely audible over the cats cheers at what they thought was victory.

He stepped up beside Tilly to look at her. "Are you certain you want to do this. Either way Tabaitun, you throw a wonderful party. Maisora,"

He turned to her mother who was still crying. "You have my word, though you probably won't care for it. Your daughter will not be harmed in any way. She wears my Crest. Looks as lovely as the Lady Moon herself." He stroked his paw across her neck, along the leather band. "Solemar, maybe next time."

He bowed at the waist and offered Tilly to lead the way back down to the main hall.
Back to top Go down
kelly
mother of managarmrs
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 5:07 am

The king looked away in shame and defeat, grabbing a long glimpse of his daughter.
The archers wrapped their bows across their bodies in unison, seeing how they weren't going to be ordered for quite some time.

The queen put her hand to her mouth and looked down, trying not to lose it more than she had already. Solemar puts his swords back behind him; fur still fluffed from Kolter's remark.

Without a word, Tilly recovered her frown once she got a final look at her family and sighed with seriousness. With a nod she made her way behind the two shepards.
I'll have to explain later, Lily...
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 5:14 am

Polum with a few warriors held their ground by the entrance to the tower. Several archers had their bows locked and aimed. "Are you certain the Alpha isn't dead? That was Tore's call."

"I'm certain." Kolter called behind them. Collective heads turned to look. "We head for home."

His gray friend looked uncertain. Why was their a cat in their party. "Kolter... uh- The others have regrouped outside the village. The wounded has been sent back."

"Good. Princess, you guards don't seem keen to let us by." He eyed them around the collective canines. Females stood by males, all clad in some sort of leather.
Back to top Go down
kelly
mother of managarmrs
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 5:25 am

With a forced relaxed sigh, Tilly held up her hand. "Let us pass, Kolter here and I have some business to attend to. The fight's over for now with no victor as of yet." She narrowed her eyes to mean business.

With hesitance, the guards looked up to see the king do nothing but watch from his balcony. Slowly, one by one laid down their weapon and took a step back.

Oh father... I'm so sorry to make you look so weak... I'll make it up to you...

Once all was clear, she looked at Kolter. "And don't call me that, I have more power after today." She remarked, not meant to be an insult to his authority.
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 5:32 am

He laughed at her fierceness. "More then you know." He took the lead jogging off in the direction of the trampled undergrowth. Canine on guard drew their weapons at their approach but relaxed.

"We heard the call, most feared... All is well?" Said a Husky.

Kolter nodded and looked to Tilly. "All my pack here are able, we shall run back to the mountain. Are you... comfortable on all fours or should we travel another way? Oh, when we reach the Mountain, you know the entrance is secret."
Back to top Go down
kelly
mother of managarmrs
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 5:37 am

She snorted at his remark and smirked, "All fours? No problem." Being around all the dogs made her uncomfortable, but she wouldn't dare show it. She supposed being at ease with the top dog helped a little, but if she was to show these guys her true potential she had to push herself physically and mentally.
No one's going to take a damsel in distress seriously.

"Does that mean you'd like me to close my eyes as we approach, Commander?" She sarcastically smiled.

She could do this. For her people.
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 5:47 am

The others smiled and stretched, eager to be home. "Lets see if she can keep up with the Pack." Polum laughed. "She certainly has the spirit."

Kolter nodded. He gave her a serious look before giving a playful shove and took off running to the west. The pack gave yips and barks as they all dropped into the long powerful strides. Kolter in the lead darted between trees with a quick reflexes. Others fell in behind him, seeming to surround Tilly in their run. Not so much to make ensure she follows, but to make sure she did not fall behind or the such.

Kolter took the leap across the river in one bound and slowed to a walk where he waited for the others. "You managed?" His chest heaved and the leather strained. "Not to far, and you will see what no cat has in decades."
Back to top Go down
kelly
mother of managarmrs
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 12:31 pm

The shove forced a challenged chuckle out of her and right when the fleet broke into a run she was right there with them without a problem. Her body moved just right and she could have ran faster but she knew it was better to keep both speed and stamina equal. Her eyes were contracted from Kolter up ahead, and she used him to keep her agility fixed.

"Watch the tail, Doggies! I use it to steer and it would be a shame if I were to whip you!" She called to the pack, using her tail to jerk left and right against her speed for emphasis.
With the river up ahead her confidence was low -- she never practiced jumps at this speed but she wouldn't let the pack know her unseen weaknesses. Digging her claws into the earth, she leaped and landed ungracefully onto the other side. A chuckle rolled out from the secret accomplishment and she quickly corrected herself.

She nodded at his question and straightened up, stretching. "I'll be sure to take mental pictures." She stated with a pinch of sass.
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 12:53 pm

The dogs broke up a bit, giving the cat some room on the run. Several preferred to just plow head long through the river, while others jumped into or over it.

Kolter held back his cheeky remark and led the way to the mountain. A head seemed to be a solid hunk of rock, but he ran his hand over the smooth stone. "See the door yet?" He pushed hard, the rock appeared to give way like on a hinge before being shoved back into place. "It's alright, open up." He shouted.

The door swung outward, revealing a crack in the mountain that was cleverly hidden. "Oh, thought my mind was playing tricks and the door wasn't shut all the way." A brown dog poked his head out, muzzle graying. "Oh, prisoner or guest? Welcome all the same."

He stepped back to let the party duck their heads into the mountain. Several hung back and did a quick sweep in the forest to make sure they were not followed.

The walls her speckled with light blue stoned that shone faintly. The tunnel they entered snaked off into a fork, which forked again further down. "Stay close, you're likely to wind up in the nursery when you wanted the dining hall."
Back to top Go down
kelly
mother of managarmrs
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 1:09 pm

She tried to act neutrally impressed when Kolter was showing off his main entrance. She couldn't understand why he was showing her this, because it certainly was a secret worth keeping. The guard's question made her grimace but she shrugged it off.

Before entering she looked back to cherish the forest in case it would be out of reach again anytime soon. Right when she entered she paused and chocked a cough, the stench of dog too powerful for her to take in one sniff. Her whiskers twitched and she rubbed at them to smell her own scent again in the meantime.

She realized she took longer than expected adjusting and mustered an apology under her breath and continued on.

Right when the stone caught her attention her pupils dialated and her lips formed an 'o', almost hypnotized by the beauty. She'd compliment the place later when she didn't feel nauseous anymore.

"It's settled," she sighed, "my cause of death will be by catacombs."
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 1:27 pm

"Here." He walked on, the others dispersing into different tunnels. "They go to eat, tend wounds or see loved ones. The path he took seemed straight forward. "What ever plans you had have to wait. I have to see to my men and hold vigil over those that fell with their families until the Moon comes for them." He opened a dark wooden door and ushered her inside. "There is a window there for fresh air. I will have someone come by with food and drink." With that he bowed himself out.

The room was average, something anyone could live in and make do with limited space. Kolter never felt himself superior to the others, why should his bedroom reflect that. His wall was decorated with an array of thrown weapons, a long bow, shields and blades. Over the bed was a simple painting of a white wolf with glowing blue stones set in her eyes. The bed was low and covered in furs. Crude, wooden tables were set up around the moss covered floor.

----

A small brown and black pup knocked on the door. His ears flapped from his effort. In his paws was a grilled fish and a pitcher of water balanced on a plate. (hes prob 12 years old for reference). "Uh, Cat Lady?"
Back to top Go down
kelly
mother of managarmrs
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 1:41 pm

She entered and tensed up with all the weapons he had collected neatly on his walls, but wavered a nervous nod nonetheless. When he left she got a feel for the room. At least the dog smell wasn't as over powering, but she still anxiously opened the window for the much needed air.

She relaxed at the panel for a few minutes with her eyes closed, thinking of tactics and ideas to offer Kolter when their business would begin. Her hands felt dirty so she cleaned them herself; something she hasn't done in a great while.

A gentle knock came to the door and she hesitated, but it was when the sound of a pup came from the other side did she cross the room to open the door.

"Oh, hello." She smiled. "This looks delicious!" She said cheerfully, bending down and offering him another smile. "I'm guessing this is my special delivery?" She asked playfully, offering to take the tray. "And the name's Tilly."
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 1:51 pm

The pup held it higher for her to grab. "Kolter sent me." The pup nodded up at her. "Why did he put you in his bed chamber?" The pup walked in and looked the weapons wall up and down. He obviously respected the leaders powers. "Why are you here?"

----

"Kolter, won't you eat?" An old sheepdog walked over to him. She was bent with age, with a shawl about her shoulders. "You did not touch a bite since-"

"Two days. I've been giving it away to those who need it more." He held the paw of one of his warriors who was being stitched up.

"We need you, Kolter, to be strong and well. You have to eat too." Commented the dog under the healers care.

He shook his head. "Later. Where have the fallen been laid?" The sheep dog pointed to another room.
Back to top Go down
kelly
mother of managarmrs
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 2:00 pm

"Oh I see," she said, grabbing the plate. She walked passed him and placed the food down on a table nearest to the window. A blush rose to her checks from his question. Truthfully, she didn't know why Kolter kept her in his bedroom than a guest bedroom or some cell for that matter. She simply avoided that question and answered the next.

"Well, there's a lot of trouble going on between our species so I came
over to talk to Kolter and figure out what we can do together to make both of our people happy." She said with a weary smile, leaning against the table.

"What's your name?"
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 2:12 pm

The pup looked up over at her. "I haven't got one yet, I'm still a Pup. When I complete my training I will earn it." His tail wagged and he shook his floppy ears. "Then I can join Kolter and the Pack."

"The elders say it was the cat's fault, and that you say the same thing to us." He looked to the window. "The Moon is almost up." He looked sad.

----

Kolter walked by the families, giving them comfort when he could before taking his place in the front of the chamber. He sat facing the bodies to be laid to rest in front of a large drawing of the white wolf, here her arms were out stretched as if to welcome them into her embrace. He removed his sword and laid it beside him as he kneeled down. He bowed his head and others copied in silence.
Back to top Go down
kelly
mother of managarmrs
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 4:01 pm

"Oh, that's interesting." She smiled at the enthusiast pup eyeing his leader's gear. "Well I wish you all the luck you'll need with your training! I'm sure you'll become a fantastic addition to the pack."

She looked out the window with him and her smile faded. "It takes two to tango lil' one... war is certainly an ugly thing with no real winners." She studied the moon... like her people appreciated the sun and its light and warmth, the canines worshiped the moon. Tilly personally saw the beauty in both. "She looks gorgeous, that's for sure." She sighed, leaning on the window panel.
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 4:25 pm

The pup nodded. "Guess I am still to young for the war. But I should be going. My mother is going to see Lady Moon and I have to be there to receive her sword." He gave her a little bow, his ears falling over and ran off into the maze of tunnels. "It was nice meeting you." He called back.

----

Kolter looked up as a pup wandered into the chamber and sat with his father. He gave the pup a nod and waited a moment longer. The moon rose above the chamber and reflected off the large crystal suspended in the middle. A white light filled the room and the father with similar ears handed his boy the sword that was in his mothers paws.

----

Kolter knocked on the door before entering a few good hours later.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Romeow & Julimut   Romeow & Julimut - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Romeow & Julimut
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
the apartment :: archive-
Jump to: